cabinets for sale XSLS, XCS, XLS, sealed sub

mflaming

cabinets for sale XSLS, XCS, XLS, sealed sub
« on: 7 Dec 2021, 07:47 pm »
I have some cabinets that I am considering selling, but kind of want to check to see how I should go about listing.

What I have are two X-SLS, one X-CS both veneered in rift sawn white oak, but unfinished. I also have two X-LS and one sealed sub that are finished and currently in use. The LS and Sub aren't really for sale, but if someone wanted a complete matching set, I could include them.

I had an idea of building out a 5.1 HT system, but have had a change of plan (long story). Depending on feedback, I can list separately, possibly build out complete speakers with x-over and drivers, or finish out cabinets without drivers/crossovers. My assumption is that the buyer would want to apply his/her own finish and spec/build their own x-over and purchase new drivers, but I could be wrong.

I can likely deliver in DFW area or along the I-35 corridor from Austin to OKC.

tortoiseman2542

Re: cabinets for sale XSLS, XCS, XLS, sealed sub
« Reply #1 on: 7 Dec 2021, 07:53 pm »
Any pics??  You can definitely list in the speakers classifieds section. 

Robert

mflaming

« Reply #2 on: 7 Dec 2021, 08:06 pm »
sorry, i'm not great at navigating this forum, but i think an image should appear. I'll make a proper post to the classified section as soon as I figure out what i'm going to do.

mflaming

« Reply #3 on: 9 Dec 2021, 12:54 am »
Check the Trading Post for
X-CS $250
and X-SLS for $500.

I'm not a professional builder - I just do it for fun. There's really no profit built in to the pricing. I'm charging about $0.50 per hour labor. My production rate is extremely low so I'm not trying to compete with or undercut the real pros out there. Hopefully someone will like them, but if not, I'll continue and finish them out.

kwhitman

« Reply #4 on: 20 Dec 2021, 09:52 pm »
Those X-LS Encores look really nice.  Kind of has the Dynaudio look to them.  What did you use to finish them?  I appreciate that look myself.

NXSTUDIO-DRUMMER

« Reply #5 on: 21 Dec 2021, 02:40 am »
Great job!

Your pictures shown, display a professional job, so don't underestimate your skillset, versus professional cabinet finishers.
Keep up the great work! Hope to see more of your projects.

Happy Holidays

mflaming

« Reply #6 on: 22 Dec 2021, 03:56 pm »
Those X-LS Encores look really nice.  Kind of has the Dynaudio look to them.  What did you use to finish them?  I appreciate that look myself.

Thanks! The stain is called Weatherwood Reclamation. It is a reactive stain, meaning it goes on clear and causes a chemical reaction to “weather” the wood. The stain results in a grey driftwood or barn wood look. It is then sealed with Waterlox and finished with five coats of Waterlox Satin tung oil based varnish. So it starts grey, then is turned brown/black with the finish. Peter Rawlings has a step by step youtube video that I followed. This type of finish can produce a huge range of results based on the wood type, level of sanding and prep, and the oil applied.  Weatherwood has an oil that preserves the grey tones, but I have grown to like the more brown tones from Waterlox.

mflaming

« Reply #7 on: 22 Dec 2021, 04:29 pm »
Great job!

Your pictures shown, display a professional job, so don't underestimate your skillset, versus professional cabinet finishers.
Keep up the great work! Hope to see more of your projects.

Happy Holidays

Hey thanks, I appreciate that! I’m completing the XSLS and XCS project this week and will post some results. All credit goes to Peter Rawlings and Danny’s videos. The GR DIY community is so generous and kind. I’ve had a lot of fun learning and building this past year.

kwhitman

« Reply #8 on: 24 Dec 2021, 12:25 am »
Thanks mflaming.  I too have watched Peters video using that reactive stain.  I like the look.  You did a good job on those Encores.  Very professional looking if you ask me. 

mflaming

« Reply #9 on: 2 Jan 2022, 03:03 pm »
I went ahead and finished the SLS and XCS projects over the past few weeks. No drivers installed, just mocked up for now.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #10 on: 2 Jan 2022, 09:29 pm »
I think they look great!

tortoiseman2542

« Reply #11 on: 2 Jan 2022, 10:20 pm »
Great work!!  Love these. They look great.

Robert