System finally comes together and I am in love!

brad1138

• Don't forget to dance.... Don't forget to smile.
System finally comes together and I am in love!
« on: 9 Sep 2021, 01:22 am »
After 18 months of way too much drama (and too much shared here, sorry), it has come together into a thing of beauty and sounds incredible!  :D  :thumb:

I compared my Odyssey Kismet and Candela to many other components. Levinson, BAT, to name a few, and Odyssey won out!

Thank You Klaus! You are the Man!

hi_watt

Re: System finally comes together and I am in love!
« Reply #1 on: 14 Sep 2021, 09:11 pm »
Yes! Looks great...and I bet it sounds amazing! I have been interested in a Candela as well. I hope Klaus is at next year's T.H.E. Show in Long Beach.

Audio72

« Reply #2 on: 20 Sep 2021, 03:34 pm »
Awesome system, congrats  :thumb:

Nocturne79

« Reply #3 on: 20 Sep 2021, 04:03 pm »
Grats on the system but have to say I really love that enterprise photo on the wall..that thing is amazing!

hi_watt

« Reply #4 on: 20 Sep 2021, 10:31 pm »
Oh yeah, nice touch on using the photo of the Enterprise for the sound panel too.

brad1138

« Reply #5 on: 30 Sep 2021, 07:18 pm »
Thank you.

I found the picture on "deviantart" and had it printed on combed cotton at some place out of Texas I found online. Part of the trick was finding a high enough resolution original image, so it would blow up and still look good.

Here is a better pic:

Vince in TX

« Reply #6 on: 30 Sep 2021, 07:27 pm »
Thank you.

I found the picture on "deviantart" and had it printed on combed cotton at some place out of Texas I found online. Part of the trick was finding a high enough resolution original image, so it would blow up and still look good.

Here is a better pic:

On a different note, anyone ever try tube rolling with the Candela? Not that I am not happy, but I have a difficult to overcome drive to tinker... :)

Very nice.   I would wager that same "some place out of Texas" is the printer who also supplies the prints for my DIY panel source.

And my Odyssey Kismet amp is in its final stages off burn-in and assembly (according to Klaus this morning).   I can't wait!   Should be here in a couple of weeks.    :thumb:

brad1138

« Reply #7 on: 30 Sep 2021, 07:43 pm »
Very nice Vince.  Likely so. I had a hard drive crash and I lost the original image and all the work I did to break it into 5 parts (I only used 4). I am hoping they still have it on file incase I ever need to redo it, or replace a panel.

I really enjoy mine. :) I am sure you will love yours also.

(I revived a separate thread on tube rolling the Candela, don't bother commenting about that here)

brad1138

« Reply #8 on: 12 Dec 2021, 08:12 pm »
Another addition to the room, that made a really nice improvement in soundstage, and pretty much everything else. The system is shining so well now :)