Anyone out there with the Norh CD Player??

stellavox

Anyone out there with the Norh CD Player??
« on: 16 Nov 2020, 05:30 pm »
Have one and want to compare notes.

Thanks

Charles

HarleyMYK

Re: Anyone out there with the Norh CD Player??
« Reply #1 on: 8 Mar 2021, 02:50 am »
Yes, I have one.

jqp

• Facilitator
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #2 on: 22 Jul 2021, 05:08 pm »
I have one from the 2000 timeframe. I think that almost all were made around the year 2000 as a custom run for Norh at the factory that made various California Audio Labs CD players (among other brands?).

"According to nOrh, the CD-1 was designed to provide the highest quality output possible from a CD-player. The CD-1 is an original design CD-player, not a retread of an existing unit. nOrh has designed the player around a 24 Bit/96 kHz, Burr Brown PCM 1728 digital to analog processor with a vacuum tube analog output.
It combines these components with a high quality, Matsushita transport, seven power supplies, and a Crystal CD8414 Low Jitter Receiver. In addition, the CD-1 uses two transformers, one of which is dedicated only to the analog circuit. The CD-1 utilizes 8x oversampling at a 96kHz sampling rate. The analog circuit uses a pair of 12AX7 twin-triode vacuum tubes. For complete specifications, please refer to the CD-1 webpage on the nOrh website."

http://www.tnt-audio.com/sorgenti/norhcd1_e.html

I have changed one set of tubes since I got it.

I now have another one and some other nOrh and IRD gear I have acquired.

JackD

« Reply #3 on: 22 Jul 2021, 08:23 pm »
I still have mine purchased new from Michael and it works just fine.  Somehow in one of the moves the remote went missing and have never been able to find the correct Norh or CAL codes to make a universal remote work. I still break it out periodically for old times sake.

DTH

« Reply #4 on: 18 Sep 2021, 10:57 pm »
Couple months late to the thread, I only visit AC a few times a year to check up on Norh stuff. But I still rely on my CD-1 and other Norh gear.