What digital cables is everyone using with your VDA-2?

nightvoyager

• Audio Freak
Just wondering what other VDA-2 owners are using......I'll be using a MAC digital cable, w/ Canare plugs. I remember using the Transparent Premium digital cable back in the 90's with ALL of my Audio Alchemy gear! (Those we're the days!!) I tried many digital cables back then, but for some reason the Transparent digital cable worked the best with my DTI > DDE(s) combo. (I had an assortment of AA stuff back then.... :thumb:)

Anyway, any input would be healpful!

Thanks guys!!

Brett 8)

CSI

Re: What digital cables is everyone using with your VDA-2?
« Reply #1 on: 18 Apr 2007, 02:35 pm »
I use the DH Labs digital coax from my Sony 9000ES (transport) and the Van Den Hul Optocoupler from my Sonos ZP-80. Both cables are 1 meter long. I've swapped them back and forth a few times and I think the DH Labs sounds better (in theory I guess it should given the Toslink vs. Coax bandwidth and other issues). But it could be a case of hearing what I expect to hear. The bottom line is, they both sound great. The VDA-2 doesn't seem to be super sensitive to cables but these two did edge out other stuff I had in my "cables and other audio junk" box.

Bill

socrates63

« Reply #2 on: 19 Apr 2007, 06:29 am »
With the VDA-2, I'm using the Harmonic Tech Digital Copper cable that was offered during the CIAudio anniversary sale last month.

I use the DH Labs digital coax built by Moon Audio with my other DACs. I haven't compared the two coax cables. However, I can confirm that the DH Labs digital coax cable sounds much better than the Glass toslink optical cable when I compared the two with my MSB Link DAC III. If given the choice, I will always choose coax over optical. It sounds smoother and more natural than optical.

stingfan

« Reply #3 on: 19 Apr 2007, 03:38 pm »
I am using Zu Audio's Ash 75 Ohm S/Pdif digital audio cable, from Sonos ZP80 out to VDA-2.  These guys make the best cables IMHO.  www.zuaudio.com. Unique technology that delivers.  I've also got a secondary toslink cable from ebay, that everyone suggested on these boards, for Oppo DVD audio out to VDA-2  They seem to be more generic than the coax cables, and less discerning, since it is glass/light.  Look for decent build quality in the TOS is all.  I think the most I paid for the TOS was $15.    Do a toslink search on ebay for that one.

kkc

« Reply #4 on: 20 Apr 2007, 08:49 am »
Harmonic Tech copper digital cable - as recommended by Dusty.

moholy

« Reply #5 on: 2 Jul 2007, 04:09 am »
I'm using the Stereovox XV-2 between my Squeezebox and the VDA-2 with results that I love...though I haven't compared it to anything else.

Mike

topround

« Reply #6 on: 2 Jul 2007, 08:36 am »
Stealth Audio Varidigg
Best cable I have tried so far, very smooth and detailed, lots of air
I love it

stryker

« Reply #7 on: 3 Jul 2007, 02:38 pm »
Blue Jeans Belden 1695a w/ Canare 75 Ohm crimp.

benzx

gme109

« Reply #9 on: 14 Jul 2007, 01:12 am »
Just wondering what other VDA-2 owners are using......I'll be using a MAC digital cable, w/ Canare plugs. I remember using the Transparent Premium digital cable back in the 90's with ALL of my Audio Alchemy gear! (Those we're the days!!) I tried many digital cables back then, but for some reason the Transparent digital cable worked the best with my DTI > DDE(s) combo. (I had an assortment of AA stuff back then.... :thumb:)

Anyway, any input would be healpful!

Thanks guys!!

Brett 8)

If MAC's digital cable sounds as good as their Cu speaker cable that I'm using, I bet it's killer.
« Last Edit: 15 Jul 2007, 02:59 pm by gme109 »