cables

27Kcd

cables
« on: 13 Feb 2020, 03:29 pm »
   What speaker cables are being used with the NuPrime IDA-16?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: cables
« Reply #1 on: 13 Feb 2020, 03:52 pm »
   What speaker cables are being used with the NuPrime IDA-16?
I will move this topic to NuPrime Circle as it dont fit as Introduction.
« Last Edit: 13 Feb 2020, 05:21 pm by FullRangeMan »

Westerwälder

« Reply #2 on: 13 Feb 2020, 07:49 pm »
Which speakers will hang on the other end?
At the moment !!!  My Nuprime system is completely wired to Wireworld

sresener

« Reply #3 on: 15 Feb 2020, 10:04 pm »
This is what I tried with my nuprime mchk38 and evolution amps

wireworld equinox 7
Blue Jeans Cable Canare 4S11 Speaker Cable
XLO Reference 3
audio sensibility Statement
some audioquest

I ended up using the audio sensibility just because I purchased them used for a very good deal, AND I LIKE HOW THEY LOOK. :)

I may end up getting flamed but I could hear very little difference between the speaker cables (IF ANY) so my recommendation would be for the Blue Jeans Cable Canare 4S11 Speaker Cable, they are by far the cheapest of the above listed and have a really nice locking banana plug.

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Jeans-Cable-Conventional-Terminations/dp/B01MTXE7I5/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=Blue+Jeans+Cable+Canare+4S11+Speaker+Cable&qid=1581804141&sr=8-2

27Kcd

« Reply #4 on: 26 Feb 2020, 04:08 pm »
   Thanks for the post, I may try to makeup a pair of speaker cables. 

jonbee

« Reply #5 on: 26 Feb 2020, 04:44 pm »
I recently bought a pair of Zu Mission SCs cheap from Zu on ebay. I was really surprised at how good they are. Very well made, my new go-to for cheap cables. I doubt you can make a pair this good for the $.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #6 on: 26 Feb 2020, 06:51 pm »
And ZU still has some Libtec cable that is far superior to BJC. Get it while you can - sweet deals on eBay. :thumb:

sresener

« Reply #7 on: 27 Feb 2020, 03:17 am »
   Thanks for the post, I may try to makeup a pair of speaker cables.

In my opinion this is  the best idea of all.

And I'm always very Leary of statements like "superior" and "drastically" ect ect.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #8 on: 27 Feb 2020, 01:52 pm »
And ZU still has some Libtec cable that is far superior to BJC. Get it while you can - sweet deals on eBay. :thumb:

A strong +1 for this.  I own a set of Julian's, which are long out of stock but the same config as the better quality Libtec, and they are significantly better sounding than BJC and many much more expensive products.  Add in that Sean Casey is a great guy who has fought very hard to make Zu successful and it's a no brainier at the eBay prices.  If you ply him with several craft beers you can learn a lot about cable manufacturing.

27Kcd

« Reply #9 on: 27 Feb 2020, 05:02 pm »
   I have the time to make cables, just for the fun of it.  I found some interesting hq spade connectors online that don't use solder, so I can experiment with buying one 16' cable of brand a and if not warm/cold try brand b.  Since tone controls are n/a, adjust tone with cables?

Wind Chaser

« Reply #10 on: 27 Feb 2020, 05:46 pm »
I have never found cables to be anything at all like tone controls, and I’ve tried dozens of different cables over the years. The differences usually have to do with clarity, resolution and refinement. Sometimes the differences are quite substantial and sometimes they are not.

rird

« Reply #11 on: 4 Mar 2020, 03:20 pm »
I have active speakers, so i use Frost Audio between Evo dac and my Barefoot Sound MM27.
Between Evo dac and CDT-8 Pro i have Audioquest Raven AES/EBU and Supras hdmi II cable.
The difference between the two is noticed directly, but is it worth from 60 euro to 1000 euro!?
Certainly not!