Omega Super 8 XRS - Ebony with R treatment, furutech binding post, neotech UPOCC

stellablues

Omega Super 8 XRS - Ebony with R treatment, furutech binding post, neotech UPOCC

New model from Omega, one year old. Custom made with Level 2 ebony finish. R treatment inside. Built with neotech UCC wire and furutech binding post.

https://omegaloudspeakers.com/collections/tower-speakers/products/super-8xrs?variant=38555364748

Comes with extra binding post due to cleaning lady breaking one and i replaced it.

The speakers are 9.5/10, unfortunately the only blemish came from the factory. the clear coat on one speaker has a few light dull scratches in the clear coat but not to the veneer. only seen at angles while backlit.

Speakers have original boxes. would prefer local sale but shipping is possible from Carlsbad, CA 92009

New cost was 3100 plus shipping. Plus $300 for the binding posts and $40 for the wire. = $3440

Asking 2250 plus paypal and full shipping if we come to that.

« Last Edit: 4 Dec 2018, 09:24 pm by stellablues »

peckjed

What is the R treatment?

stellablues

I think that its sound damping sheets applied to the inside to make the cabinet less resonant. I don't have much information myself.

stellablues

Also, I will be at the Irvine audio show on saturday and might be able to bring these with in the car for hand-off

stellablues

price changed to 2400. if interested please pm me.

stellablues

price updated to 2300.

SuperXRSSeattle

To my eye those are probably the best looking Omegas I've ever seen. :weights:

What are the drivers? edit: probably this: "Proprietary RS8 ferrite magnet"

cool

stellablues

Yes. You can see the details in this post https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=148918.0

"The new RS8 is very similar to the RS5 in tone. The cone material is the same. They really sound like a large RS5. Great fast tight bass and very nice dynamics. They are an 8 Ohm driver and about 98dB in sensitivity. The response is very linear and finally got rid of the 8KHz peak the old drivers had."

stellablues

stellablues

stellablues

stellablues

price drop to 2250 and holiday bump

stellablues