the new Audiogon + Emotiva resale value.

Rclark

the new Audiogon + Emotiva resale value.
« on: 4 Aug 2013, 05:29 pm »
First time using the new Audiogon since the redo. As usual, was able to find  buyer within hours. And got my price S usual.

This is my 3rd piece of Emo gear I've bought new and resold and the evidence is that Emotiva is an extremely popular brand with Honda-like resale value.

Very pleased.

Anyway, owned the Erc-1, sold in anticipation of the Erc-2, and have now sold the 2 in anticipation of the Erc -3.

The Erc-3 sounds exciting as hell because instead of a tweaked Erc-1 dac, they're putting in the Pro-dac that everyone raved about last RMAF.

timind

• permanent vacation
Re: the new Audiogon + Emotiva resale value.
« Reply #1 on: 4 Aug 2013, 07:31 pm »
Congrats on the sale!
Curious if you tried to sell it here first?

North Star

• "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison
« Reply #2 on: 4 Aug 2013, 07:43 pm »
I know nothing yet about the Emotiva ERC-3 CD player; only some about the ERC-1 and ERC-2.
And from what I know I prefer to stay away of issues from them CD players, and their incapacity to play SACD and DSD layers!
...Even the PCM layer of an hybrid SACD, they cannot read! ...And it's no good when your CD player catches fire!
{Just read the concerned threads from over at the Emotiva Lounge.}

* The ERC-3 now has a regular disc tray system mechanism; instead of their pain-in-the-butt slots (ERC-1 & 2)!

** Audiogon; are they back? ...I mean, on the right track?
« Last Edit: 4 Aug 2013, 09:35 pm by North Star »

Rclark

« Reply #3 on: 4 Aug 2013, 09:21 pm »
Congrats on the sale!
Curious if you tried to sell it here first?

I've tried listing things here before but always got tumbleweeds for views. On the 'gon my stuff is always gone within hours, everytime. Probably different if you're selling megadollar gear though.

On the Erc-3 I did a google search and found a recent thread. New circuits, prodac, the only downside is tray loader now. But I'll take an increase in fidelity and something other than the sigma-delta style from before.

never had any crazy issues with the 1 or 2, both beautiful sounding, reliable, high tech, and tank-like.