Amar Bose, RIP

Chromisdesigns

• Darla, our beach cat, contemplating the sea
    • Fine-gemstones.com
Re: Amar Bose, RIP
« Reply #40 on: 16 Jul 2013, 11:16 am »
    I remembered when I bought my fist speaker back in 1990. I was at Macy's at 34th Street NYC... yes back than they used to sell electronics too.... and there were Bose, Ohm (or was it AR?) and Advent... for about the same price of all three I walked out with Advent of which I found sound best for me. :D

It wouldn't have been Ohm, I don't think.  They were always more $$$ than Advent.  AR had some comparable priced products.

ctviggen

« Reply #41 on: 16 Jul 2013, 12:09 pm »
Although I'm not a big fan of Bose products, I did buy their outdoor speakers. They were recommended to me by an engineer who said he had compared a bunch of speakers for a hot tub product his company was building, and he thought Bose had the best speakers.  Not sure what criteria those were, perhaps warranty, as I bought some substantially cheaper speakers for my garage and they sounded as good if not better than the Bose.  However, the Bose were on the deck and weathered quite a few years, whereas the other speakers were in the garage, and therefore not subject to weather.

jsaliga

• Restricted
  • Vinyl Provocateur
    • The Spinning Record
« Reply #42 on: 16 Jul 2013, 12:20 pm »

From Michael Fremer's Analog Planet site...

http://www.analogplanet.com/content/dr-amar-bose-dead-83

If I posted every negative thought I had about Michael Fremer it would fill several pages.  Dislike him as I do, I wouldn't write an article to take the man down as a rebuttal to those who were celebrating his life and accomplishments after he just passed away.

RIP Amar Bose.

--Jerome

North Star

• "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison
« Reply #43 on: 17 Jul 2013, 11:13 pm »
Do we live in a free country? NO!

Are we free to say anything we want? NO!

Is freedom of speech real? NO!

Stand your ground -  Florida's law; makes sense? NO!

So, are we free to like and dislike other's opinions and ways of life and their own choices, as long as we don't interfere with the law, and that we don't hurt no one? ...I would love to say yes, but the answer is still NO!
- Just for example; the FBI just shot to death (six times, with the last bullet straight in the back of his head) a young man they were interrogating for the sixth time, in one of their own rooms! ...For what reason? NONE!
-> Just google it, or check the main newspapers; The New York Times, Boston, Chicago, ...

R.I.P. Michael Fremer ... I mean Dr. Bose