Which American audio company is making top notch quality gear in the USA?

grsimmon

• Restricted
  • Omni - the best way forward
Rockport Technologies  (loudspeakers)

http://rockporttechnologies.com/#/home/

Expensive as hell but supposedly with a great reputation. 

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Bel Canto
Wadia

grsimmon

• Restricted
  • Omni - the best way forward

Two of Wadia's current products are no longer US made.   One is made in Italy since their buyout,  and the 121 decoder is made in China.   Wadia has taken pains to hide this by not making it obvious on the casework and of course no such picture on the website.  I think it only is printed on the bottom of that unit.

jhm731

Yes, Coda

They are my neighbors (only a few miles away).  Made me think of another neighbor that has not been mentioned yet (about 10 miles away).

Von Gaylord Audio

More neighbors (slightly farther away)

Pass Labs
MIT Cable

Surprised you haven't mentioned Acoustic Zen.

mav52

Makes you wonder of all the great companies mentioned how many utilized 100% US made parts for everything...

ps: I own Rogue, Quicksilver, Wyred 4 Sound, Woo Audio, ATI

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
Did I just not notice, or has nobody said GR Research yet?  If not, they should be at the top of this list!

trackball02

Chapman Audio Systems
Dalaudio

Whitese

David Berning.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Did I just not notice, or has nobody said GR Research yet?  If not, they should be at the top of this list!
I've heard nearly every model Danny has designed over the past 8-10 years, and every one has been a good to amazing product, and a great to amazingly great value for the $.  There may be a better quality/price product than the X-Statik speaker, but I don't know of it if there is.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
   Arion Class"D" hybrid amps, GTAudio Works, Vandersteen, Triode Wire Labs, Kaplan cables, BSG technologies [ QOL ], Dave  Slagal, David Berning, Herbies, PIAudio, Dodd, GR Research. RPG and Conrad Johnson.

charles

jeffreyfranz

• LOW HEAT
Schiit Audio: Headphone electronics & digital

Doublej

Did anyone mention Carver yet?

geowak

Did anyone mention Carver yet?

I don't think so. Carver and Sunfire were the two companies of Bob Carver. Did he do anything else? Now he is being bought by Emotiva, I think. Great audio engineer....

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
Yes, Phase Linear but they're Vintage Circle components nowadays.
Sunfire, I think, is all Chinese now (maybe not their speakers?) and the Carver Corp is long gone.
Bob Carver LLC is still US made (now part of the Emotiva family).

OzarkTom

For those going to RMAF this year, don't miss Vaughn speakers. Jim Vaughn will be showing his newly designed plasma tweeters. If you have never heard plasma drivers, this is a must visit.

rave959

Linkwitz Lab
Music and Design (Nao Speakers)
Gedlee
BESL
North Creek

:thumb:

TONEPUB

Two of Wadia's current products are no longer US made.   One is made in Italy since their buyout,  and the 121 decoder is made in China.   Wadia has taken pains to hide this by not making it obvious on the casework and of course no such picture on the website.  I think it only is printed on the bottom of that unit.

They haven't taken "Pains" to hide it.  They were making it a point to tell everyone about the Italian influence and build of the new Intuition 01 at all the recent hifi shows...