COD Ghosts...who is getting it today and playing it?

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
I know that it really doesn't break any new ground, but I still have two copies arriving today (so my son and I can play together).

I am looking forward to reconnecting with people I played Black Ops II with and having a blast.

George

Rclark

Re: COD Ghosts...who is getting it today and playing it?
« Reply #1 on: 9 Nov 2013, 07:11 am »
No, it doesn't look as good as battlefield imo, or Killzone Shadow Fall. Ps4 is also getting Planetside 2, Warframe, and a couple other shooters in pretty short order that look more fun than cod ghosts.

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
  • Machining and Audio What A Great Match!
« Reply #2 on: 9 Nov 2013, 07:15 am »
Playing it right now!!

Best,
Matt

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: 9 Nov 2013, 02:18 pm »
Playing it right now!!

Best,
Matt

What platform are you playing it on?

If it is Xbox...my gamer tag is "GWzybar".

George

Woodsea

« Reply #4 on: 9 Nov 2013, 06:20 pm »
What do you guys think of it?  My son plays COD BO2, and now his friends are playing ghost.  I don't want to plunk down money now, when I am sure it will be on sale on Black Friday for $39.  I didn't get into COD myself.

Rclark

« Reply #5 on: 10 Nov 2013, 12:08 am »
They say another COD coming in 2014 too. Ghosts has reviewed highly on IGN, but there's too much other stuff that has my attention. Already have Killzone Shadow Fall in house, just waiting for a console.

Imo Killzone is going to take the crown for console shooters. That pristine 1080P/60 fps multiplayer.

Woodsea

« Reply #6 on: 10 Nov 2013, 12:28 am »
I never go to just one site for information.  Looking at all the reviews that I perused the average would be about 6.5/10.  Without any direct competitors, I guess this is the game to get, if you needed it.  But, when the slew of new games comes out, I think the online gamers will jump ship quick.

Rclark

« Reply #7 on: 10 Nov 2013, 12:40 am »
The best site for unvarnished hardware truth is neogaf. Devs, industry people, engineers post there.

Woodsea

« Reply #8 on: 10 Nov 2013, 12:57 am »
I have never heard of it, and with 118,000 members I should have.  It is small, but if respected I would have heard of them.  I have been a gamer, tester, hacker and builder for two decades.
I am just saying go to more than 3 sites whenever looking something up.  Always search for a counter or opposing argument to see both sides of a story.
In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.  Ender Wiggen

Rclark

« Reply #9 on: 10 Nov 2013, 01:33 am »
You would have heard of them? Most influential site on the net. Their threads aometimes get a million views. Lol!

MS doing lots of damage control there to be sure. Official reps post there.

Woodsea

« Reply #10 on: 10 Nov 2013, 02:09 am »
You would have heard of them? Most influential site on the net. Their threads aometimes get a million views. Lol!

MS doing lots of damage control there to be sure. Official reps post there.
That is simply not true.
Threads
Members

Except the Day Z game one, which I just read about in my wired magazine.  Very cool article.  I had never heard about the Day Z game, but it may just be up my alley.

Rclark

« Reply #11 on: 10 Nov 2013, 02:11 am »
Pff, close enough, and that happens overnight there. Great Off topic section as well. That site is the best, period. Fantastic animated gifs in many conversations too, lots of skilled artists.

Rclark

« Reply #12 on: 10 Nov 2013, 02:18 am »
Another reason that site rules is they ban people left and right. Lots of astroturfers and paid shills daily. That site would be way larger but they cull very effectively.  They have strict posting rules. It's so good there.

Woodsea

« Reply #13 on: 10 Nov 2013, 02:25 am »
You have to concede that the PS4 is already less than the top of the line PC.  It could surely be 55% greater in games than the xone, but every game will play, that is cross ported, on both at a decent framerate.  By the way you wrote 30 FPS on some xbox games, I was under the impression that 60 FPS was the minimum hence the lesser graphical output.  I am probably wrong.
Yes, the PC will cost about $1200 for now.  But, the games will be $15 bucks less, and have infinite mods to make the game more interesting down the line.  I was all about consoles 8 years ago as a cost saving gaming machine.  But, the smart money is on the PC, so M$ and $ony doesn't close off our friends on either front.  I like the ability to talk with my friends or coplay, and that is only available on PC/MAC.  Total B$ if you ask me that PS4 AND the one cannot play with their friends.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #14 on: 10 Nov 2013, 02:36 am »
"who is getting it today and playing it?"..........

I'm out.  :?
I've bought (at full price) every one of the past MW/Cod/BO games on PS3, but they're getting lazy, there's nothing new. The lags, glitches, bugs, and same aggravating problems pop up in each and every one of the new releases and are never repaired. But in a couple months, they'll ask for some more money for more DLC.

Yea...I've had enough. BOII was the first game I sold back before its value diminished below the $1 mark. Generally I keep them and play them until the disc is worn out.
I'm sure they'll feel the pain of not having my $60.

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #15 on: 15 Nov 2013, 12:00 am »
What do you guys think of it?  My son plays COD BO2, and now his friends are playing ghost.  I don't want to plunk down money now, when I am sure it will be on sale on Black Friday for $39.  I didn't get into COD myself.

I plunked the money down because my son and many friends wanted to play.

In terms of the game, it is what I expected - solid game with nothing really new or innovative.

That said, I have already racked up more hours than I care to admit.   :wink:

George

Woodsea

« Reply #16 on: 15 Nov 2013, 01:27 am »
What is it worth?  My son is a CODaholic, and his friends have all started playing.  I told him we would wait for Black Friday.  It just seems a rehash of 2.
Thanks

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #17 on: 15 Nov 2013, 02:12 am »
What is it worth?  My son is a CODaholic, and his friends have all started playing.  I told him we would wait for Black Friday.  It just seems a rehash of 2.
Thanks

If you have friends who you will play with. it's worth it.

Otherwise, I would probably go with Battlefield 4 (which is a nice upgrade over Battlefield 3).

BTW, I am not sure how much cheaper it will be for Black Friday...have you seen any price breaks advertised?

George

gregcss

« Reply #18 on: 15 Nov 2013, 03:04 am »
I buy cod just for the multiplayer. I read on several sites that the spawns points are so horrendous that it's almost pointless to play online. I was looking forward to this game, but pass for me.

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #19 on: 15 Nov 2013, 06:00 am »
I buy cod just for the multiplayer. I read on several sites that the spawns points are so horrendous that it's almost pointless to play online. I was looking forward to this game, but pass for me.

I haven't found this to be the case.

In my opinion, earlier versions of the series were much, much worse.

George