Joule Blacks are in the house

dpatters

Joule Blacks are in the house
« on: 17 Nov 2014, 01:29 pm »
I took delivery of my Joule Blacks on Friday.  What a way to start the weekend! There will be more to come once I take some photos and can stop listening.  I really didn't want to come to work this morning.  The speakers arrived in perfect condition and they are absolutely beautiful.  The photos at RMAF don't do them justice.  I don't think I've seen a better finish. Thanks Ryan and Pete. I'll post more in a day or two.

Don

Factorz

Re: Joule Blacks are in the house
« Reply #1 on: 17 Nov 2014, 02:04 pm »
Congrats!

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #2 on: 17 Nov 2014, 02:39 pm »
  Enjoy !! Hope they meet all your expectations.

charles

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #3 on: 17 Nov 2014, 02:59 pm »
Congratulations, Don.

The stork has delivered new twins to you. Enjoy!
I look forward to your impressions.

barrows

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 17 Nov 2014, 06:06 pm »
Yeah D, way to go.  I am looking forward to hearing how they pair with your Ncores.  I suspect this will be a good match, but I really look forward to hearing your listening impressions once things settle in and you have their measure.
They sounded great at RMAF (and of course, looked great as well).

dpatters

« Reply #5 on: 17 Nov 2014, 06:35 pm »
Yeah D, way to go.  I am looking forward to hearing how they pair with your Ncores.  I suspect this will be a good match, but I really look forward to hearing your listening impressions once things settle in and you have their measure.
They sounded great at RMAF (and of course, looked great as well).

I think the Ncores and the Joules are going to be a great match. The resolution and detail are all there but it sounds like music. Not analytical or bright. More to come...

Don

dpatters

« Reply #6 on: 17 Nov 2014, 07:23 pm »
Just ordered some new speaker cables from Triode Pete so ignore those anti-cables in the pic although they were a great bang for buck cable. I think Triode plays at a different level.

dex67

« Reply #7 on: 19 Nov 2014, 01:09 am »
i have my Nimbus hooked with Dana Cables...a perfect match!!!...congrats on your new Joules!

Eugene2

« Reply #8 on: 19 Nov 2014, 04:07 am »
Verastarr Grand Illusion cables are the cables Ryan has used at the last couple of audio shows Mike Powells cables are special.

paul79

• Industry Participant
« Reply #9 on: 19 Nov 2014, 04:09 am »
Ya Ryan, why the switch from Antipodes? I use the Reference and find them to be quite exemplary. What are the differences you have found?

PMAT

« Reply #10 on: 19 Nov 2014, 04:02 pm »
Cables belong in another thread. More pictures please! Every angle possible. Nice house by the way.

Eugene2

« Reply #11 on: 19 Nov 2014, 04:19 pm »
Geez everyone's a boss while you may be right...  just talking cables and or equipment as it relates to this speaker, multiple threads gets confusing at times and you lose good suggestions.

rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #12 on: 19 Nov 2014, 04:32 pm »
Just ordered some new speaker cables from Triode Pete so ignore those anti-cables in the pic although they were a great bang for buck cable. I think Triode plays at a different level.

Yes a VG match with class "D" amps, good choice.

charles

dpatters

« Reply #13 on: 19 Nov 2014, 04:38 pm »
Cables belong in another thread. More pictures please! Every angle possible. Nice house by the way.
Thanks for the compliment on my home.  It is a condominium and has a pretty nice layout but I would like to be able to pull the speakers into the room another foot but just not possible.  I should just be happy my wife goes along with GIK panels in the living room.

rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #14 on: 19 Nov 2014, 04:46 pm »
  Beautiful fit and finish. Me thinks your gonna get some bass feedback into the TT now. Serious bass now, oh my !

charles

dpatters

« Reply #15 on: 19 Nov 2014, 06:00 pm »
  Beautiful fit and finish. Me thinks your gonna get some bass feedback into the TT now. Serious bass now, oh my !

charles
I was a little worried about that but it is not an issue. Played a lot of vinyl over the weekend at some pretty high volume and didn't have any feedback at all.  I listen to digital over 95% of the time but the new Joules had us digging out Little Feat, Steely Dan, Pink Floyd and the like on vinyl.

Don

Nick77

« Reply #16 on: 19 Nov 2014, 06:32 pm »
OMG!!  :o

Those are unbelievable! Congrats!  :green:

vortrex

« Reply #17 on: 19 Nov 2014, 06:43 pm »

Just curious, how can you say from those pictures that the fit and finish is beautiful?  This baffles me.  I can already see what appears to be one flaw in those tiny pics.

EdRo

« Reply #18 on: 19 Nov 2014, 06:51 pm »
You are a very sad little man, Mr. Vortrex. We all have flaws, sir...some are larger than others. Some can be seen from many miles away...all the way from Ann Arbor.

vortrex

« Reply #19 on: 19 Nov 2014, 06:58 pm »
You are a very sad little man, Mr. Vortrex. We all have flaws, sir...some are larger than others. Some can be seen from many miles away...all the way from Ann Arbor.

I'm sorry you can't answer an honest question.  There's no reason to attack me.