Members Gallery, Pictures of Salk speakers in members homes

divisionbell77

Re: Members Gallery, Pictures of Salk speakers in members homes
« Reply #140 on: 9 Mar 2010, 07:37 pm »
Snapped off a few when I went home for lunch.  One of the few perks of living within 5 miles of work.  Note that the decorating has nothing at all to do with me, from the colors on the wall, furniture, and artwork.  The only thing I own is the audio, video and TV stand.  The only thing I approve of other than my own stuff is the couch.  That's some good couch right there.

« Last Edit: 9 Mar 2010, 09:04 pm by divisionbell77 »

taoggniklat

« Reply #141 on: 9 Mar 2010, 08:00 pm »
Beautiful.

Kinger

« Reply #142 on: 9 Mar 2010, 08:09 pm »
Looks great!

polarbare

« Reply #143 on: 10 Mar 2010, 06:33 pm »
Congrats! The maple looks nice.

writeface

« Reply #144 on: 10 Mar 2010, 07:39 pm »
Very nice. I notice you have installed the spikes. Don't they scratch/dent the floor?

divisionbell77

« Reply #145 on: 10 Mar 2010, 10:46 pm »
Very nice. I notice you have installed the spikes. Don't they scratch/dent the floor?

They are not at a point at all, so no.  the spikes on the sub are much more to a point.  that said, I would not drag them on a wood floor, and i have always lifted them when tweaking placement.

GhostintheToast

« Reply #146 on: 27 Mar 2010, 09:18 pm »

BIG HUGE thanks to Jim and the team!  These are far and away the most BEAUTIFUL and BEST SOUNDING speakers I have ever experienced!  I couldn't be happier!

And now, pictures.   :eyebrows:

Coincidentally, another friend also had a birth we were celebrating.   :green:

evan1

« Reply #147 on: 27 Mar 2010, 09:32 pm »
Congrats on the quad

vintagebob

« Reply #148 on: 27 Mar 2010, 10:20 pm »
Wowzer!  :o

Enjoy those!

Kinger

« Reply #149 on: 27 Mar 2010, 10:37 pm »
Looks great!

GhostintheToast

« Reply #150 on: 28 Mar 2010, 12:06 am »
Thanks guys!  Wife of course now wants me to paint the walls for a better match.  Ok, thats fair.

Notice the Rhythmik is my new coffee table complete with lamp?  Best.  Coffee Table.  Ever.   :inlove:

« Last Edit: 28 Mar 2010, 05:44 am by GhostintheToast »

writeface

« Reply #151 on: 28 Mar 2010, 05:37 pm »

GhostintheToast

« Reply #152 on: 28 Mar 2010, 11:08 pm »
Lookin might sweet writeface. 

writeface

« Reply #153 on: 30 Mar 2010, 09:48 pm »
Thanks.

The speakers are in our living room which has no treatments. The bass is quite subdued, and I attribute it to the room. I am not sure how to treat this room in a manner that will have the highest WAF. 

Randy

« Reply #154 on: 30 Mar 2010, 10:00 pm »
Don't understand speakers standing on bare wood floors. Doesn't it make for a very bright sound?

writeface

« Reply #155 on: 31 Mar 2010, 06:20 pm »
Randy,

I am planning to install the spikes soon, but concerned if the spikes will damage the floor..

ctouhey

« Reply #156 on: 31 Mar 2010, 08:58 pm »
Randy,

I am planning to install the spikes soon, but concerned if the spikes will damage the floor..

I, too, have mine directly on the floor and I think they sound fine.  I hope to get a friend over tonight to help me with the spikes.  I don't want to slide them around on the hardwoods.  I already gouged the floor since receiving the HT3s trying to convince Julie we needed to rearrange furniture.

Chris

highfilter

« Reply #157 on: 31 Mar 2010, 09:26 pm »
Nice setup / equipment writeface! Looks great.

writeface

« Reply #158 on: 1 Apr 2010, 12:11 am »
Chris, I have attached some felt pads on the speaker base so I can move them around easily without scratching the floor. Why am I moving the speakers.. still trying to figure out the best placement for them. Another HT-3 owner that I know also is keeping them on the floor directly.   

highfilter, thank you.

If this is the right place to ask: How far apart should these speakers be placed from each other?

Thanks.

ctouhey

« Reply #159 on: 1 Apr 2010, 04:10 am »
Chris, I have attached some felt pads on the speaker base so I can move them around easily without scratching the floor. Why am I moving the speakers.. still trying to figure out the best placement for them. Another HT-3 owner that I know also is keeping them on the floor directly.   

[snip]

Writeface,

I asked Jim about it, and he said that the spikes in this instance would be more for aesthetics than functional, but he did recommend that they be decoupled from the floor when not using spikes for permanent placement.  He provided me with a link to an inexpensive router mat that would functionally suffice.

I checked with three friends today, and all were otherwise engaged so I’m still on the floor.  Julie is still seeing the chiropractor for her back and I don’t want to have her help in attaching the spikes.  I want to try the spikes and see if I hear any difference in my environment (which is much like yours…still untreated).  I also want to see aesthetically how they blend in.

Incredible sound thus far, even though I am aware of some muddled frequencies due to room limitations.  The soundstage needs some adjustment for depth, also.  I think it will take another 4-6 weeks to fine tune, given I’m still a working stiff…

Chris