Pictures of RS8 drivers now in production

Louis O

Pictures of RS8 drivers now in production
« on: 14 Oct 2016, 09:38 pm »
Hi All,

Pictured below are the new RS8 drivers.
They have been posted before in a couple of cabinets. Pleased to inform that they are ready to go in quantity.

Pictured are custom cabinets in Karelian Birch Burl. The RS8's are very well balanced and much more linear than the drivers they replaced. The sensitivity is close to 98dB and they are 8 Ohm. The over all tone is much like a RS5 on steroids. I'm very happy with the bass weight and dynamics.

Thanks,
Louis

Jolly

Re: Pictures of RS8 drivers now in production
« Reply #1 on: 14 Oct 2016, 10:22 pm »
  Louis,  The RS8's look very promising! Will there be a 1.5 way version of the RS8's? Also will pictures of the 1.5 way RS5 monitors be posted soon as       promised? Thanks.

dB Cooper

« Reply #2 on: 14 Oct 2016, 10:31 pm »
What is that finish? Those are the best looking Omegas ever IMHO.

srb

« Reply #3 on: 14 Oct 2016, 10:49 pm »

Pictured are custom cabinets in Karelian Birch Burl.

FireGuy

« Reply #4 on: 14 Oct 2016, 11:40 pm »

I just ended some listening time with a pair of Hoyt Bedord Type 1's with the same finish (Karelian Birch Burl).   You are correct, this veneer is gorgeous. Absolutely stunning.

milford3

« Reply #5 on: 14 Oct 2016, 11:57 pm »
My Burl level 3 finish. 

Louis O

« Reply #6 on: 15 Oct 2016, 01:43 am »
Hi Jolly,

Thanks and I will be making versions of the 8 as well as a 1.5 setup as a Customshop for sure and look forward to making them. I have the monitor RS5 1.5 way all done and the pictures are on my shop computer. I will post them on Monday. They are finished in Walnut and look great.

Hi dB Cooper,

Many thanks and very happy you like them. The finish is Karelian Birch Burl. It's very figured and has a really nice matte sheen to it. The speakers pictured are actually for sale. The Skylan stands are optional.

Hi FireGuy, milford3,

One of my favorites and I have a set at home too. The finish goes with everything. Excellent picture and system milford3.

Thanks again,
Louis