CARVER USING THE NAME "CHERRY"???? SERIOUSLY?

ajzepp

Re: CARVER USING THE NAME "CHERRY"???? SERIOUSLY?
« Reply #80 on: 21 Apr 2012, 06:27 pm »
I'm a little disappointed in the remarks from our members here.

And pretty disheartening. A well-respected AudioCircle mfg. shares his concerns in what's a tough market, and gets even more grief from fellow Circle members, some of whom think it's all a good joke. They ought to be ashamed of themselves.

Ashamed of themselves? AC members are here for entertainment and to share and exchange ideas and experiences with regard to the hobby of audio/video gear.  If you're going to discuss business matters on a public forum, even when it's a forum specific to his own company, then people are going to voice their opinions. What I felt was inappropriate was this comment:

"...this is the reason for concern.  The Cherry has very high performance sprung from high technology, like nearly 120dB SNR, 0.003% THD+N, and up to 800Wpc.  Have you seen the specs of Carver's "Cherry" amp?  Yes, I know it's a tube amp, but to have the Cherry name associated with <potentially disparaging remark removed> is just <potentially disparaging remark removed>."

With all due respect to the AmpDesigner guy, this comment should have just remained between his ears.

As for whether this has caused damage to Digital Amplifier Company, I own a relatively high end audio rig and spend a fair bit of money in this hobby, and I have never once heard of this company or any of its products. So now I have.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #81 on: 21 Apr 2012, 06:40 pm »
...What I felt was inappropriate was this comment:

"...this is the reason for concern.  The Cherry has very high performance sprung from high technology, like nearly 120dB SNR, 0.003% THD+N, and up to 800Wpc.  Have you seen the specs of Carver's "Cherry" amp?  Yes, I know it's a tube amp, but to have the Cherry name associated with <potentially disparaging remark removed> is just <potentially disparaging remark removed>."

With all due respect to the AmpDesigner guy, this comment should have just remained between his ears....

hey aj, i agree w/you; that's why i fixed his comment:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=105594.msg1080138#msg1080138

8)

doug s.

ajzepp

« Reply #82 on: 21 Apr 2012, 07:06 pm »
We need to remember this day, Doug...I think it's the first time we've ever agreed on something LOL

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #83 on: 21 Apr 2012, 07:20 pm »
We need to remember this day, Doug...I think it's the first time we've ever agreed on something LOL

i dunno, aj - you like tubes, subs, active x-overs, srv...  i think we agree on lotsa stuff!   :lol:

doug s.

ajzepp

« Reply #84 on: 21 Apr 2012, 07:25 pm »
i dunno, aj - you like tubes, subs, active x-overs, srv...  i think we agree on lotsa stuff!   :lol:

doug s.

I guess we just need to stop talking about movies then  :lol:

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
« Reply #85 on: 29 May 2012, 12:00 am »
Just to let everyone know we settled the issue with Carver very amicably shortly after the thread became popular.  The bottom line is that they are not making the same kind of amplifier.  Thanks to our friends and mutual audio enthusiasts at Carver for their kind cooperation.  Thanks to our knowledgable fans as well.

-Tommy O