Demo HT3's in Ambrosia Maple - SOLD

jsalk

Demo HT3's in Ambrosia Maple - SOLD
« on: 15 Mar 2009, 07:52 pm »
Last year I had a batch of some very interesting ambrosia maple and made a pair of HT3's for myself.  These speakers were demo'd at AKFest last spring and RMAF last fall.  I am very close to completing another pair of HT3's for myself and no longer need this pair for demo purposes.

I never took any standard pictures of these speakers, but here is a shot of our room at AKFest.  The HT3's are the lighter pair of speakers in the photo.

The veneer used on these is very unusual and is book-matched on each surface.  I can take better photos if need be.

These are "full-blown" HT3 cabinets which start at $5695.  The ambrosia maple adds $400 and the curly maple hardwood trim adds another $100.  So to build these from scratch would cost $6195.  But since these are demo speakers, we are offering them for $4999.  They can be packed and on their way in about two days.

- Jim

« Last Edit: 7 May 2009, 11:48 am by jsalk »

BoB/335

Re: Demo HT3's in Ambrosia Maple - available
« Reply #1 on: 17 Mar 2009, 02:30 am »
What finish are those ST's in the pic?

jsalk

« Reply #2 on: 17 Mar 2009, 03:38 am »
What finish are those ST's in the pic?

Those are Santos rosewood.

- Jim

Art_Chicago

« Reply #3 on: 20 Mar 2009, 02:16 am »
Last year I had a batch of some very interesting ambrosia maple and made a pair of HT3's for myself.  These speakers were demo'd at AKFest last spring and RMAF last fall.  I am very close to completing another pair of HT3's for myself and no longer need this pair for demo purposes.

I never took any standard pictures of these speakers, but here is a shot of our room at AKFest.  The HT3's are the lighter pair of speakers in the photo.

The veneer used on these is very unusual and is book-matched on each surface.  I can take better photos if need be.

These are "full-blown" HT3 cabinets which start at $5695.  The ambrosia maple adds $400 and the curly maple hardwood trim adds another $100.  So to build these from scratch would cost $6195.  But since these are demo speakers, we are offering them for $4999.  They can be packed and on their way in about two days.

- Jim

It is unbelievable that these HT3's at this price are not sold yet!

MichiganMike

« Reply #4 on: 20 Mar 2009, 09:57 am »
I saw these at Jim's home several months ago when I purchased my SongTowers.  The wood is unique and the finish even more impressive in person and the HT3 sound is amazing.  I too am surprised that someone has not snapped up this bargain. 

jsalk

« Reply #5 on: 24 Mar 2009, 07:01 pm »
A note about these speakers:

I noticed after posting this that these HT3's as shown in the photo have black woofers.  These were the very last pair of TC Sounds woofers in black.  Since that time, a customer really wanted black woofers and we replaced them with silver woofers.  So these HT3's now have silver woofers.

- Jim

jsalk

Re: Demo HT3's in Ambrosia Maple - SOLD
« Reply #6 on: 27 Mar 2009, 07:49 pm »
SOLD - Just left the building on the way to Mike in Ohio.

- Jim

mcallister

Re: Demo HT3's in Ambrosia Maple - SOLD
« Reply #7 on: 28 Mar 2009, 11:46 am »
Looks like they are on the truck for delivery today. Thanks again Jim!!!

Miney

• Free your mind... and your ass will follow
« Reply #8 on: 24 Apr 2009, 07:50 pm »

I noticed after posting this that these HT3's as shown in the photo have black woofers.  These were the very last pair of TC Sounds woofers in black.  Since that time, a customer really wanted black woofers and we replaced them with silver woofers.  So these HT3's now have silver woofers.

- Jim

Just saw them on Audiogon?

Looking good with the silver woofers....

jsalk

« Reply #9 on: 24 Apr 2009, 08:06 pm »

- Jim

Just saw them on Audiogon?

Looking good with the silver woofers....

Thanks.  Yes, the buyer decided not to proceed with the sale, so I listed them on audiogon today.  They are available.

- Jim