Super V's after 9 months

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
Re: Super V's after 9 months
« Reply #20 on: 15 Nov 2012, 07:43 pm »
I feel loved all over. :)
I'll freeze a few and fedex them.  You'll get some of my homemade Saurkraut too. 
You may have to share with SoCalWJS.

We got love for you!

MichaelHiFi

« Reply #21 on: 15 Nov 2012, 11:33 pm »
Tweeter unscrews from the back.  Just unscrew it and put the foam in the throat/waveguide.  Re-screw in the tweeter.  Done.

That looks too easy. I got to give that a try.

The system sounds amazing - period. Using the Mac mini/Kora PS or the CAPs server/SoTM card, they're different and equally amazing.

If I find any fault with the speakers over the course of these months it might be a bit of hardness at the upper decibels where we typically play. I play the speakers LOUD cause it frickin sounds so real. My wife doubles that volume. The Who's got nothing on her.  :shake:

MichaelHiFi

« Reply #22 on: 15 Nov 2012, 11:36 pm »
What the.........

I've been out of the country for two weeks and when I get home you still have the same speakers?

Michael are you feeling OK? 

Seriously, I'm going to be practising my Moms Polish cabbage roll recipes for the next few weeks.  When I have perfected them I'm taking a ride to San Jose with a crock pot full of her famous Hunky Hand Grenades.   I'd love to hear the system firing on all cylinders.   

Well Steve, I wouldn't want to send you into shock after being back so soon  :green: I've even got the same amps!

and my feeling is that if you show up with some tasty cabbage rolls, you will easily be the hero of my Russian wife. By all means, COME BY  :thumb:

SoCalWJS

« Reply #23 on: 16 Nov 2012, 04:22 pm »
I'll freeze a few and fedex them.  You'll get some of my homemade Saurkraut too. 
You may have to share with SoCalWJS.

We got love for you!
Welcome back Steve.  :wave:
REAL Saurkraut? WOW. Been ages since I've had any - probably since I was a child in the Old Country when my Dad was stationed there. Tried the "fresh" stuff from the grocery store - OK at best.

No hurry - heading out bright and early tomorrow for a long road trip - going to visit friends in NM for a long Thanksgiving break.

(need to figure out which off ramp to wave to Dave at as we pass Al-ba-qwak-eee  :wave:)

MichaelHiFi

« Reply #24 on: 16 Nov 2012, 06:40 pm »
Welcome back Steve.  :wave:
REAL Saurkraut? WOW. Been ages since I've had any - probably since I was a child in the Old Country when my Dad was stationed there. Tried the "fresh" stuff from the grocery store - OK at best.

No hurry - heading out bright and early tomorrow for a long road trip - going to visit friends in NM for a long Thanksgiving break.

(need to figure out which off ramp to wave to Dave at as we pass Al-ba-qwak-eee  :wave:)

OK well while you're in NM, don't forget to stop by Black Mesa Winery. They are located between Albuquerque and Sante Fe along the main hiway. Being wine club members there and can almost guarantee a good bottle of wine will be had.  :wine:

SoCalWJS

« Reply #25 on: 17 Nov 2012, 02:27 am »
OK well while you're in NM, don't forget to stop by Black Mesa Winery. They are located between Albuquerque and Sante Fe along the main hiway. Being wine club members there and can almost guarantee a good bottle of wine will be had.  :wine:
Thanks for the recommendation - have to see if we can fit it in. Kind of at the mercy of our hosts (off the beaten path NW of Al-ba-qwak-eee).

Looks like they advertise the dessert wines the most - any wines there you prefer?

Cheeseboy

« Reply #26 on: 19 Nov 2012, 04:02 am »
I think we tried some at Sunils place.  It was a red right?  Snakebite Red?

The weather is cooling down and I'm ready to try some Frankenampens on the line source here in the great unwashed north.   It's nice to be home.  Zihuatanejo was beautiful but I missed the fall here in Sonoma Co. 

My thoughts turn to Cabbage!

Michael these might work for you.  http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=111072.0