• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
Re: Speaker demo near S. Oregon?
« Reply #20 on: 21 Oct 2014, 03:56 am »
Works for me.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #21 on: 21 Oct 2014, 04:00 am »
I need to double check for the 15th. I may have friends visiting from Vancouver BC that weekend, but the guy is a bit of an audiophile himself, and he's going to bring his Epos speakers down to audition my new 400R amp.

I can supply hearty beef (or lamb, chicken, pork, etc.) soup or stew. I make mine with a bite. :icon_twisted: :evil: :cyclops:

Do 'get togethers' usually snowball like this?

I've got extra folding chairs in case you need any, Alan. Should I buy your wife flowers, or anything else?

aldcoll

« Reply #22 on: 21 Oct 2014, 04:13 am »
Check you calender and we have some time to iron out a few loose ends.

I am trying to remember if it was the flowers that lasted longer then a box of chocolates :icon_twisted: Or you can leave me the cash to us as I see fit????  And actually a donation to the cold and hungry will fill the Oregon Spirit.  Can't say much for the folks in the state of Jefferson?? :scratch: :thumb:

Sine the main contingent is from just a few miles north of Cali????

And this is my first Host and share, beg borrow and steal so you got me on that point.  All I know is I am excited. :thumb:

Ern Dog

« Reply #23 on: 22 Oct 2014, 01:21 am »
I'm excited too.  Sounds like fun.  We could bring some beer and a delicious carrot cake for desert.

aldcoll

« Reply #24 on: 22 Oct 2014, 01:46 am »
Yes to All of it.  I think I will have some Furman Conditioning before the big day.  Looking at the Black Shadow's last night and then the lights just flickered so there ya go.

What about Interconnects?

mresseguie are you XLR on the Preamp?   And I hope this will beat the first snow on the passes but then again I have floor space and you guys can flip for the spare Bed.

And the Wife LOVES Carrot cake.  And I won't pass it up.

Might need to move some of this to PM or regular email as the Forum Facilitator can be a stickler :thumb:

aldcoll

« Reply #25 on: 24 Oct 2014, 03:40 am »
There has been a request to change the date to Nov 22.   I might add that I have revived requests from 4 folks to come to my humble squabble.   With out chasing folks down I do know of a few folks in the area that have wanted to audition the Daedalus speakers much less have a mid Oregon Audio club.  I must admit that the few of us are having a tougher time with the menu of food then the rest of the setup.

And before it's off the ground I would like to thank Ern Dog for barking up the preventable tree.

IF there was another person or two that would like to join I believe we can accommodate.

And I hope this is happening in the rest of the audio family.   We can read and Google till we die but since this group lives to far from a show room to make that doable.

Ain't nothing like drooling in a group with out a pole in the middle of the room. :scratch: :scratch:

mresseguie

« Reply #26 on: 24 Oct 2014, 07:19 am »
What--no pole? WTH? I thought this was all code for us all to get together for a night of rowdiness, swilling brew, and watching girls pole dance. If we're just gonna listen to music.....geez....I dunno.  :o

The preamp is without XLR. I've got Triode Wire Labs interconnects, a TWL American 10+ Power Cord, and TWL speaker cables. If I time it right, I might be able to swing a home trial DAC like a Benchmark HGC or an Auralic Aries. Once we have the date set, I'll look into my options.

As far as I know, either the 15th or the 22nd will work fine for me. My friends from BC will visit the week before the 15th, so no Epos speakers for the GTG.

Carrot cake would be fantastic.

Ern Dog

« Reply #27 on: 25 Oct 2014, 05:23 am »
Gary, from our Ashland audiophile group, is coming too!  That makes 3 of us.  He's got a Decware flea integrated tube amp that sound amazing. It's got a whomping 3 or 5 wpc, I forget.  So I'm not sure if it would be a good match for the Pans. I'll see if he wants to bring it.

mresseguie

« Reply #28 on: 25 Oct 2014, 05:34 am »
Perhaps I (or anyone?) could arrange for a pair of high efficiency speakers--full range for example. I'll ask around.

I've got a pair of the GR Research LGK speakers, but I don't recall their efficiency.

Michael

aldcoll

« Reply #29 on: 25 Oct 2014, 03:42 pm »
Pans are 95 or 96  db.   Bring it all.  Whip me beat me make me write bad checks,  I  just want to hear something new and different.

And yes I could run the pans up to Corvallis for a day.

aldcoll

« Reply #30 on: 7 Nov 2014, 01:18 am »
Well in preparation of the Demo I have on hand some good clean ( and mostly green it is Oregon) Power via a Furman 20 PFi.
And I might add the TV has a better picture as well.

I also have some Demo cables I will work hard to get the 400 hours on.  Wywire's Blue.  There are also two Nordst Power cables on loan. 

I might add the Pork has been marinating for two days.  Is it time for me to start marinating myself :scratch:

Looking forward to the 22nd :P

Ern Dog

« Reply #31 on: 7 Nov 2014, 03:44 am »
We are looking forward to the trip too! 

One small adjustment on my end, I decided to go vegetarian about a week ago, so I'll be passing on the pork, although it sounds delicious.  I've been a meat eater for 45 years and decided to try something different.  I'm good with dairy, eggs and fish. 

Now that marijuana is legal in Oregon, I'm assuming you'll have some there for us ;)

aldcoll

« Reply #32 on: 7 Nov 2014, 04:04 am »
I will be in Portland this weekend so I will jump across the river.

I am in Oregon and I need to wait till June or July to be legal.  :nono:

You are in the state of Jefferson and last time I looked that included the golden Triangle :thumb:

And I can hold my weight in Pork.  Just remember they eat Greens :thumb:

roadkingraw

« Reply #33 on: 7 Nov 2014, 09:00 pm »
Thought I would reply to this as well.  I live up in the Olympia, WA area.  I have a pair of Athena V2 at the house run by a Modwright 150SE, 36.5 DM and a Sony 5400 done by ModWright.  I also have a decent vinyl rig too.  Cables by Wywires and MG Audio.  You are more than welcome to come up and give a listen here if you want to travel a little farther north.
Randy

Ern Dog

« Reply #34 on: 8 Nov 2014, 03:44 am »
Randy,
You must be in sonic bliss with the Modwright gear and the Athenas!  I have a Modright Oppo 83 since 2011 and it's smooth as silk, but the Sony 5400 is better.   I also used to have a Modwright 9.0se preamp and it was awesome. 

It's good to know about the strong presence of Daedalus gear here in the Pacific Northwest, close to the manufacturer.  Thank you for the offer and I will keep you in mind next time I'm up that far North.

Cheers,
Ernie

Ern Dog

« Reply #35 on: 8 Nov 2014, 03:49 am »
I will be in Portland this weekend so I will jump across the river.

I am in Oregon and I need to wait till June or July to be legal.  :nono:

You are in the state of Jefferson and last time I looked that included the golden Triangle :thumb:

And I can hold my weight in Pork.  Just remember they eat Greens :thumb:

Lol.  Three representatives from the state of Jefferson will be giving your Pans a work out very soon!

aldcoll

« Reply #36 on: 8 Nov 2014, 03:53 am »
I will drop a line and a listen the next time I am close.  Some of my favorite equipment.

aldcoll

« Reply #37 on: 12 Nov 2014, 04:33 am »
I will be busy for the next few days so I thought I should get some of this out of the way.

First of All for you that are coming from the State of Jefferson.  Please have your traveling papers ready at the border.
And for those of Jefferson that need additional direction this might help. :roll:

http://www.opb.org/television/slideshow/early-jeffersonians/

I have gotten my 2.4 meghz WiFi up just for you.  If I need to get the 56K up not a problem.  I also have two new tin cans with some fine string and buttons.  (Note the labels are still on the cans they are that fresh)

When I PM you the directions I will put a N for North at TOP of the map.  Please keep oriented.

For the new vegetarian I will have some Cottage Cheese and the cling peaches from the can so labeled above. (Note it will be the sticky one) :nono:

The new trim Rings are installed on the Pan's and what a difference and for such a small cost it is a true game changer. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

If need be contact me as I can assist with all the proper clearances you might need.  I will not be responsible for any court or Probation Violation's inured.  I do have a validation stamp if that will help  :scratch:

Ern Dog

« Reply #38 on: 12 Nov 2014, 04:40 am »
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

mresseguie

« Reply #39 on: 12 Nov 2014, 04:51 am »
Do I get a map the has a 'SE' arrow at the top?

My Satori driver 2-way monitors are finished and breaking in....they're at approx. 35 hours now.