Xls encore compared to nx studio

BrandonB

Xls encore compared to nx studio
« on: 19 Jul 2022, 11:29 pm »
Hello this is my first post.  I have been looking at the GR Research site and the different speakers.  I have never listened to any of the speakers. I am trying to decide which speakers I would like to start with.  Can someone tell me the difference in sound quality between an xls encore with upgraded crossovers compared to an nx studio?  I have seen some awesome woodwork on the encores with some very nice crossovers and I am curious how they sound.

Danny Richie

Re: Xls encore compared to nx studio
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jul 2022, 10:55 am »
The X-LS Encore is designed to be the best bang for the buck speaker kit out there.

The NX Studio Monitor is designed to be the best sounding stand mounted speaker that money can buy. So it is very much in a different class.

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
Re: Xls encore compared to nx studio
« Reply #2 on: 20 Jul 2022, 02:13 pm »
The X-series are really great for the money.  They have a fairly neutral sound quality with a little warmth which makes them match well with most gear.  The X-LS is a great starting point but don’t let the price fool you.  They punch well above average.

https://youtu.be/bJa_9mDHcWc

The NX series brings even better transparency and detail while still not being fatiguing to the ears.  These are high end speakers!