8" Single Servo Sub

brj

Re: 8" Single Servo Sub
« Reply #20 on: 7 Mar 2013, 05:21 am »
I just spoke with Brian about the amps for the 8's. There were some QC issues that Brian is having them iron out that as delayed production. Brian is pretty big on making these amp bullet proof before sending them out in the field and failure rates of his amps are very low. I can appreciate the high level of quality and attention to detail, but like everyone else, I must patiently wait...

It is now looking like it will be near the end of February before I have those new amps available for the 8's.  :(

Any word on either the A370-XLR2 or HX800-XLR3 amps, Danny?  Thanks!

Danny Richie

« Reply #21 on: 7 Mar 2013, 02:46 pm »
Brian e-mailed me yesterday about them. Sounds like they are finally through with a production run of the A370's. And Brian is having some air freighted in to fill some of the back orders.

He did not mention the smaller amps.

WC

« Reply #22 on: 9 Mar 2013, 02:08 am »
What is the minimum baffle width for the 8" servo drivers?

Danny Richie

« Reply #23 on: 9 Mar 2013, 02:13 am »
What is the minimum baffle width for the 8" servo drivers?

I'd stick with 10" baffles as a minimum. And there is not much of a reason to get much wider.

WC

« Reply #24 on: 29 Mar 2013, 06:28 pm »
Still no small amps? Hopefully by August there will be some.

Danny Richie

« Reply #25 on: 29 Mar 2013, 06:51 pm »
It won't be that long.

And the next batch of A370PEQ amps are leaving the dock now. So three weeks on the water and a week through customs, then they will be here. And we had a group of them flown in to fill back orders. Some of those are going out now.

rak313

« Reply #26 on: 15 Oct 2013, 12:20 am »

There is a sealed box version of our new 8" servo sub that Rythmik has in stock. They just haven't released them yet because the new amps are not in stock yet. They have a 4 ohm and an 8 ohm version. And the 8 ohm version is for using a pair f them on one amp. They also only need .35 cubic feet of air space each.  :thumb:

1) What is the status of the amp for the 8" servo?

2) What do you think about a pair of 8" servos in a 0.75 cubic foot box driven by 1 amp?   One could put 4 in a room, and you would hardly see them - but you would have the equivalent drive area of dual 15"s. Of course it would cost more than 2 15s but it should have really fast bass.  I'm thinking higher WAF.

Danny Richie

« Reply #27 on: 16 Oct 2013, 02:35 am »
1) What is the status of the amp for the 8" servo?

2) What do you think about a pair of 8" servos in a 0.75 cubic foot box driven by 1 amp?   One could put 4 in a room, and you would hardly see them - but you would have the equivalent drive area of dual 15"s. Of course it would cost more than 2 15s but it should have really fast bass.  I'm thinking higher WAF.

Amps are due to arrive before the end of the year.

The sealed box woofers only need .35 cubic feet of sir space per woofer. So no problem running two of the 8 ohm version on one amp. 

AKLegal

« Reply #28 on: 22 Oct 2013, 06:23 pm »
Good news.  Those amps are the only things I'm waiting on.

david45

« Reply #29 on: 26 Oct 2013, 01:51 pm »
Danny,

Maybe it's in another thread somewhere that I haven't found yet, but is Brian planning a PEQ version of these new amps for the 8's?

thanks

Danny Richie

« Reply #30 on: 26 Oct 2013, 02:31 pm »
Danny,

The info I'm looking for is probably somewhere on this forum, but is Brian planning a PEQ version of these new amps for the 8's?

thanks

A custom amp just for the new 8's has been in development for a while. They are suppose to be here before the end of the year.

david45

« Reply #31 on: 26 Oct 2013, 02:39 pm »
Thanks Danny,

Do we know if they might feature the 1-band parametric equalizer feature just like most of the Rythmik offerings (PEQ)?
Judging from the pictures that were uploaded a few months ago, the prototypes don't have it.

Danny Richie

« Reply #32 on: 26 Oct 2013, 02:45 pm »
Thanks Danny,

Do we know if they might feature the 1-band parametric equalizer feature just like most of the Rythmik offerings (PEQ)?
Judging from the pictures that were uploaded a few months ago, the prototypes don't have it.

No EQ on this one. We are trying to keep the cost down while still maintaining high quality internals. 

david45

« Reply #33 on: 26 Oct 2013, 03:01 pm »
Ok sounds good. This is not too big a deal and I am still going to buy a pair when they are available for sale  :thumb:

Along with one of your new kits... (soon to be released)

bprochford

« Reply #34 on: 27 Oct 2013, 12:31 pm »
Hey Danny,

In the sealed box configuration, how low will this sub go?

Danny Richie

« Reply #35 on: 27 Oct 2013, 01:16 pm »
Hey Danny,

In the sealed box configuration, how low will this sub go?

Servo controlled subs will play as low as you want them to. It just depends on where you set the extension filter.

CASTOR 2

« Reply #36 on: 8 Nov 2013, 07:22 pm »
Hi Danny,

How would you substitute existing 8" woofer on Eminent technologies lft 8b, with 4 8" servo subs in a smal room?

Danny Richie

« Reply #37 on: 9 Nov 2013, 04:51 pm »
Hi Danny,

How would you substitute existing 8" woofer on Eminent technologies lft 8b, with 4 8" servo subs in a smal room?

I think I'd rebuild the panel or lower section getting rid of the lower box, and use a pair of the 8" servo woofers in the lower section in an H frame open baffle design.

CASTOR 2

« Reply #38 on: 10 Nov 2013, 09:28 am »
Hi Danny,

Thank you for the answer. I already made a new frame for the pannels, so they are not any more fixed to the bas box. Will this new amp for 8" have the crossover point at 180hz 6db?

Thank you and regards

Tom

Danny Richie

« Reply #39 on: 10 Nov 2013, 03:09 pm »
Hi Danny,

Thank you for the answer. I already made a new frame for the pannels, so they are not any more fixed to the bas box. Will this new amp for 8" have the crossover point at 180hz 6db?

Thank you and regards

Tom

The new amps will allow crossover points in and even above the 200Hz range.