Looking for an active crossover for 2 channel sub integration

ChaoticBliss

Hi

First post here. I am looking for an active crossover to integrate a sub into my 2 channel system. Budget of $700. The Paradigm X30 is really what I need but it is proving hard to find. I would like something of good quality and it needs to have a high pass output for my bookshelf speakers. I am not interested in the Behringer stuff. I like the one from Rane but it only goes down to 70hz. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great. Really just looking for something that won't add its own sound signature for my system.

Thanks

doug s.

• makin' music
welcome to a/c!   :thumb:

here ya go:

as good or better than the bryston 10b at a fraction of the price...

http://marchandelec.com/xm9.html

doug s.

ChaoticBliss

Thanks for the suggestion.  Funny enough right after I posted my question I discovered this unit and am very close to pulling the trigger on it with a bunch of different crossover modules for experimentation. 

Nate Hansen

mboxler

If you don't mind a little DIY, two Marchand XM9-A's and a PS10-A Power Supply will set you back $190 plus shipping.  You probably don't need/want a volume control, and the XM9-A's have a subwoofer summing feature.  Phil Marchand is very helpful.  Let him know your plans.

Good idea to get a few freq modules.  Also, think about your filter slope...4th order may be steeper than you want, but....

Mike 

doug s.

• makin' music
If you don't mind a little DIY, two Marchand XM9-A's and a PS10-A Power Supply will set you back $190 plus shipping.  You probably don't need/want a volume control, and the XM9-A's have a subwoofer summing feature.  Phil Marchand is very helpful.  Let him know your plans.

Good idea to get a few freq modules.  Also, think about your filter slope...4th order may be steeper than you want, but....

Mike
subwoofer summing is not a feature i would recommend using.   8)

doug s.

AUDFILE74

mboxler

subwoofer summing is not a feature i would recommend using.   8)

doug s.

Rats...the more I learn, the less I know!  :duh:  If this is a passive subwoofer, powered by a mono amp, how would one combine the lower frequencies?  I agree with you if this is a powered sub with stereo inputs, in which case either plate amp is summing the signals to a single voice coil or each channel is driving a separate voice coil.

I'm only asking because I'm considering the same thing for my VMPS Original Subwoofer (passive, two voice coils wires in parallel).

Thanks in advance for any clarification.  I'm new to this stuff too!

Mike

doug s.

• makin' music
Rats...the more I learn, the less I know!  :duh:  If this is a passive subwoofer, powered by a mono amp, how would one combine the lower frequencies?  I agree with you if this is a powered sub with stereo inputs, in which case either plate amp is summing the signals to a single voice coil or each channel is driving a separate voice coil.

I'm only asking because I'm considering the same thing for my VMPS Original Subwoofer (passive, two voice coils wires in parallel).

Thanks in advance for any clarification.  I'm new to this stuff too!

Mike
sorry if you misunderstood - use two subs - much better results, for many reasons.   :wink:

doug s.