FS: Jolida JD-100A w/ HRAM mods

Gaara

FS: Jolida JD-100A w/ HRAM mods
« on: 10 Aug 2007, 01:38 pm »
SOLD SOLD SOLD Jolida JD-100A $525 shipped to the lower 48 SOLD SOLD SOLD

Price with upgraded GE 5751 3 Mica Blackplates: $575 shipped to the lower 48

Condition:

The unit has nick on the cd drawer and some scratches on the side of the face plate, not on the face itself but on the side of the faceplate.  The top of the units has some scratches near the rear of the unit.  The bottom is scuffed up as well due to vibrapod cones being used as feet.  The standby LED is also blacked out, if buyer wishes I can return it to normal state but I find LEDs annoying.

The feet it comes with are the standard feet, I put them on after taking the pictures.

This unit was used lightly in a 2ch system with the EH tubes until May 2006 when I purchased the GEs.

Terms:

The CDP will be double boxed and shipped insured from a pet and smoke free home from the original owner. Includes the original remote, box, EH tubes and manual. Accepting Paypal (add 1.5%) money order, or personal check from buyers who have verifiable good feedback.

Description:

This is a great tube cd player featuring no op-amps in the signal path.  Many stellar reviews can be found for this unit, the only reason I am selling is I choose the convenience of a SB3 over sound quality...I guess I have to turn in my Audiophile badge.

I purchased this unit In August 2005 from Hot Rod Audio Mods with their standard HRAM modifications.  These include:

Upgraded EH 12AX7A tubes, 1 pair of jacks upgraded to Cardas Rhodium over silver, internal rewiring using teflon-insulated 99.999% pure solid core silver-covered copper wire, 1 pair of jacks wired with solid core Gold/Silver/Copper alloy output wire, 4 PSU diodes upgraded to Fairchild Stealth ultrafast soft recovery diodes, chassis dampened with 9 StarrDamp CS damping sheets, also acts as a RFI shield.

I personally did some more mods including adding a lot of dynamat to the top of the unit, inside, and bottom.  This unit is also outfitted with Herbie's tube dampers to take care of microphonics.

The unit currently has a pair of matched GE 3 Mica 5751 blackplates, labeled as Westinghouse which all the reviews pointed to being best in class.  These were purchased May 2006 for $100/pr.

I have a feedback rating of 69 on Audiogon under Gaara and 45 on Ebay under Gaara925.

Thanks.

Jared

SOLD SOLD SOLD
« Last Edit: 27 Aug 2007, 03:23 pm by Gaara »