ProJect Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital DAC

nurxhunter

ProJect Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital DAC
« on: 1 Oct 2023, 09:42 pm »
Asking $275/BO. CONUSA sales only - Payment by PP/F&F - Shipped from 19830. Comes with everything shown in the pictures. It is in excellent condition - rating it 8/10 to be safe, though I see no flaws. Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital DAC is a Stereophile Class-A rated DAC with MQA and full-featured remote.  In addition to virtually unanimous 5-star subjectivists’ user ratings, it measures very well in all objectivists’ hands. The designer, John Westlake, is very highly regarded. 

In addition to the usual remote functions on DACs, the remote allows play/pause/track advance and reverse with a Tidal playlist and USB input.  This is a great feature if, like me, you find fiddling with the phone more of a pain that simply using the remote by touch and feel. The track control also works with Foobar and LMS/SBT-EDO, for me, but I cannot guarantee this because it may be system-dependent.  Another plus is that it can be powered from USB, avoiding need for the excellent, low-noise external SMPS than is included of course. The manufacturer in fact recommends not to use the external PS with USB input. This is a great feature for portable use with a laptop to avoid finding an outlet; moreover, the DAC and HPA can be 'off-the-grid' with battery driving the laptop. I found no difference in sound via my headphones with or without SMPS.  See universal positive reviews online (ASR, Stereophile, Amazon, and many others) for further info and excellent measurements. 

I have voluminous only-positive feedback for 2-decades on all the usual sites as NuRxHunter.  Thanks for looking.

nurxhunter

Re: ProJect Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital DAC
« Reply #1 on: 17 Dec 2023, 07:42 pm »
Bump