Squeezebox Duet - Try Before You Buy (Sold)

ajzepp

Squeezebox Duet - Try Before You Buy (Sold)
« on: 24 Apr 2012, 08:01 pm »
I purchased a Squeezebox Duet in 2008 and it literally changed the way I listen to and enjoy music. I used to have so much fun entertaining a guest. I'd take the squeezebox remote, turn to them and say, "do you know what this is?"  They'd look at me like I wsa crazy, and then I'd say, "this is my ENTIRE music collection!"  :lol:  Then I'd give it to them, turn off all the lights, and let them play whatever tracks they wanted. I used to spend so much time in my room that way, too....in the dark, Duet remote in hand, just enjoying whatever music struck my fancy. Well, when I switched my home wireless network, I started having connectivity issues with it. It got so frustrating that I eventually gave up on it when I found that I could just run a USB-to-S/PDIF adapter and dig coax cable from my laptop to my DAC and not mess with the wireless signal. I haven't used the Duet, or even attempted to hook it up, for over a year now.

So here's what I'm thinking...I would like to see who's interested in participating in a "try before you buy" offer where you can play around with it on your own and see if it works with your system. Then if it does, you can pay at that time if you decide you want to keep it. Since it may not work the first time, I want to have a small queue of those interested. What each person agrees to do is, assuming they don't want to buy it, pay to have the item shipped (using a trackable service) to the next person on the list. I will pay for shipping to the first person, and that person will have a 7 day period to figure out if they want to keep it. If not, then before the 7 days is up, they will ship to the next person on my queue. I simply don't feel right selling this item unless I know it's working with your particular network.

I'm going to list this as a "for sale" item for one week, until 4/30/12, while I put together a queue of those who might be interested in the home trial. If you're interested in trying it out, and you agree to ship it on your dime to the next person in line should you decide not to keep it, send me a PM, please do not respond here.  If you are interested in buying it outright for $50 (+$10 shipping) before I initiate the queue idea, let me know. Just  understand that I'm selling it "as is" and not guaranteeing it will work properly for you.  The price of the Duet for anyone who tries it in-home and decides to keep it will be $75 (+$10 shipping).  I will post pics later tonight, as right now I have the item in storage.

Note: Even though I'm establishing a queue, please note that there's no way to know how far in the queue the Duet will get. Maybe the first person will buy it, maybe the 100th, maybe nobody. That should be common sense for most, but just want to make sure it's mentioned up front :)
« Last Edit: 1 May 2012, 05:04 pm by ajzepp »

ajzepp

Re: Squeezebox Duet - Try Before You Buy (Details Inside!)
« Reply #1 on: 24 Apr 2012, 08:46 pm »
Just as an update: I did fire up the Duet just now. Both the controller and the receiver turned on, connected to my network, and the software/firmware update appears to have been successful. I don't know that I want to download squeeze server and all that again, but I will see how far I get.

ejfud

Re: Squeezebox Duet - Try Before You Buy (Details Inside!)
« Reply #2 on: 24 Apr 2012, 09:12 pm »
Sent you a message.

ajzepp

Re: Squeezebox Duet - Try Before You Buy (Sale Pending)
« Reply #3 on: 24 Apr 2012, 09:24 pm »
Sale Pending

ejfud

« Reply #4 on: 1 May 2012, 12:36 pm »
Duet arrived safely, looks new and works great.

Thanks ajzepp!

ajzepp

« Reply #5 on: 1 May 2012, 05:04 pm »
Thanks! Enjoy :)