spatial audio quantum field speaker cables

bakufu

spatial audio quantum field speaker cables
« on: 11 Sep 2021, 07:12 pm »
i'm surprised that clayton has discontinued production of these cables.  they are -- in a word -- superb.

over the last few weeks i've had a chance to compare them with two other sets:  a pair made from duelund wire, and a pair of wireworld mini eclipse 6's.   all three sets have had ample break-in time.

i won't say that the quantum cables make a jump-out-of-your-socks difference, but i will say that they *are* audibly superior to the others. 

bass is deeper and better-defined, midrange is broader, deeper, and more natural, and the highs are just ... sweet.

musicdre

• reality is the base
    • art site
Re: spatial audio quantum field speaker cables
« Reply #1 on: 11 Sep 2021, 10:00 pm »
wait.  what?!?  there has been a ton of discussion around here about speaker cables, but i've never seen spatial cables mentioned.   

does someone know the story here?

bakufu

Re: spatial audio quantum field speaker cables
« Reply #2 on: 11 Sep 2021, 10:40 pm »
my original review, from prehistoric times:

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=107207.0

back then i was using them with clayton's big tri-amplified open-baffle speakers.  (i was also using his balanced interconnects in that system, but i have no such option with my current setup.) they made a huge difference.

now i'm using them with a low power tube amp and a pair of single-driver high-sensitivity speakers and they are again superior to the cables i've tried, including the duelunds, although the magnitude of the difference in that case is not as large.  the duelund wires are indeed very good, but i still prefer clayton's quantum cables.

i'd be interested in hearing clayton's thoughts about the quantum cables now.