Liberty Audio B2B-2 preamp - any feedback?

Cacophonix

Liberty Audio B2B-2 preamp - any feedback?
« on: 1 Aug 2021, 04:06 pm »
I picked up a Liberty Audio B2B-100 amplifier and am looking for a preamp to go with it. The preamp from the same company seemed like a good start. But there is little to no reviews online. I see very few on sale in the used market unlike the amplifier and the phono.
On paper it looks like quite a beast boasting of being a fully balanced all-FET preamp with a built-in XMOS digital-to-analog converter.
So can anyone give some feedback about this preamp? Or something else I can look for in the $2k price range?

Early B.

Re: Liberty Audio B2B-2 preamp - any feedback?
« Reply #1 on: 1 Aug 2021, 05:42 pm »
I'm not familiar with the B2B-2 preamp/DAC, but I have a PBN Olympia LX preamp that I paired with the Liberty Audio B2B-100 amps when I owned them. I purchased it from a fellow AC member. Liberty Audio and PBN Audio are the same owner/designer (Peter Noerbaek). All I can say is that the LX preamp is incredible and I have no desire to part with it!! Overbuilt, high-quality parts, proven design, and excellent customer service. It appears that Liberty Audio follows the same philosophy.

The downside to the B2B-2 preamp/DAC is what it is -- a combo of a preamp and DAC. It may not be cost-effective long-term if you want to swap out DACs in the future.   

Cacophonix

Re: Liberty Audio B2B-2 preamp - any feedback?
« Reply #2 on: 1 Aug 2021, 06:48 pm »
Agreed ... I don't really care for the DAC portion. I'll keep an eye out for an Olympia L ... don't have a turntable, and have no need for the phono section either.