Philips SACD 1000 modded by Stan Warren and APL FAILING for parts or repair

Harmon

I commiserate with you Philips SACD-1000 owners, mine is slowly dieing.  Sometimes it works sometimes not and sometimes it does not even turn on. Mine is also Stan Warran modded.  :(

funkston

Hi Rob, was there any interest at Parts C for adding dig ins for two or three of us?

Brown

Hi Rob, was there any interest at Parts C for adding dig ins for two or three of us?

Stay away from parts connection. Several of my buddues have had horrible experiences with them. Buyer beware. You may be lucky though so its your decision.

rpf

No, I've been really busy the last couple of weeks. I'm now ready to pursue this though.

Brown, what sort of problems did your friends have?

I was also considering contacting another modder (who shall remain nameless) but my cousin said his very easy going friend had an unnecessary problem with the moddder regarding lack of support for a UPS claim. And that he was nasty to boot.

Our options, however, may be limited to whomever is willing to take it on.

Brown

Units not being repaired properly. Said they were fixed but when received they worked for a short time then the same problem occured. offered to buy unit from customer after he said it could not be fixed offered him $1000 for unit. After all agreed he then changed his mind Oh and all of a sudden after three returns for repair it now somehow works fine.
  Just be advised and make your own judgement. Just a heads up.

rpf

Called Parts Connexion and was told I needed to talk with Chris, who was out for the day. Will try again Monday.