A must try free demo!

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Re: A must try free demo!
« Reply #20 on: 7 Jun 2009, 03:22 pm »

Dave, your Home Depot link isn't working for me, says it's not available is that store and to select another store?

Nick, are you sure that's what Dave was alluding to? i ask cuz there's no ground pin on that adapter so it would be like using a cheater plug (iow, get the 3 pin adapter). Also, you could only use 2 of them that would fit in alternating A/B outlets so you would only be gaining 1 extra outlet on each set. :dunno:

edit: could very well be that the picture's hiding the ground pin. :duh:

But 6 outlets are better than 4 and it's a cheap way of keeping the costs down. :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

Dan_ed

« Reply #21 on: 8 Jun 2009, 12:56 pm »
Robin,

I had the same issue with the links. Dave sent this info by PM. Does it match up with the item in your picture?

Home Depot item # 00699R40000, Leviton triple tap

Mac11700

« Reply #22 on: 4 Jul 2009, 02:23 am »
I am serious about this guys. All you have to do is cover the shipping cost and I send it out for you to try, free of charge.

Visit this thread to see the details in the Majik Buss: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=67931.0

You have nothing to loose but a bunch of noise that is on you AC line.

Contact me quick to get one sent out to you. I don't have a lot of them.

Guys...this really works..

Danny sent me one to try a few weeks ago..and I hooked it up straight to my Samsung 58" 650 series plasma.With the humongus b-t Electra power cable I saw a drastic improvement in the picture quality with some of the most difficult pictures to improve on..standard def sattellite of Direct TV..The picture was brighter and had less artifacts showing up as it normally does.When I switched to the HD channels,the halo I normally saw around flames or lights had diminished about 75%..and for lack of better terminology the ringing in clouds and smoke while still visable had been reduced a great deal as well.

Danny wanted me to try it hooked into my audio system and since I just got my upgraded master Ninja ELT-LRS home..I figured I would try a couple diffent things with them to see how well both these items work.My source for my 2 channel set up is a tubed Shannling MC-30 with upgraded Nos GE and Russian tubes.. This set up is just amazing..I tried the new power cord fist..switching between the wimpy stock cord and the Electra.I played some Brooks & Dunn cw music..and listened to 1 track in paticular which was My Maria..I played this when my ELT's first got here last week. With the stock cord..the highs wern't as crisp and the bass wasn't nearly as tight..so I knew this power cord was working pretty good..Eric Clapton's Layla..well it sounds good on just about anything..and even better with the power cord attatched..My wife noticed a pretty good difference in the mids and highs between the 2. I also tried the Majik Buss..to see how it would do.The clarity on these upgraded speakers is exceptional as is..but when coupled with the Majik Buss..it made a noticable improvement..not night and day as when using it on my plasma display..but noticeable never the less..I was using this on a dedicated 20amp line to start..so I elected to try it on one of the other circuts and see what differences there were

I have found out,that the 20amp circut that my refrigerator/ceiling fan/garbage disposal is on is lousy for any kind of TV watching or music listening..I noticed how bad a feed it is with a extreamly cheap underthecounter am/fm/cd player in my kitchen.When the compressor kicks in,the fan is on and the garbage disposal is used..well..lets just say with this radio..it really sucks..I figured what better place to actaully try this box on.Now..I can hear some moaning and screaming saying this would be a unrealistic test..since no decent source music was being played..and I would agree with that..but then..life can always throw you a curve ball now & then..so here's what I did.. I unplugged the el'cheapo cd player..moved my Shannling to the kitchen counter along with the ELT's and turned the fan on high..opened the freezor door,and turned on the garbage disposal..Stock cord on the shanling to start..lots of distortion..lots of background noise..and yes..when the compressor fired up..it flat sounded hollow.This was playing the same 2 cd's as before..

I waited about 5 minutes..added in the Majik Buss and Electra power cord..and I honestly had a hard time telling I was on such a noisy circut..The difference was dramatic..almost all back ground noise was gone...No more hollowness..Highs were very good again..and it had most of it's clarity back again

The Majik Buss isn't cheap ..nor is the power cable...but damn it works like a charm...If I wasn't in the middle of paying off from being flooded out last September..I would keep these 2..simply because of how much improved my Plasma looks alone..not to mention how well it cleans up the sound from my Shanling..

Hopefully they will be around for a while and I'll pick up another one when I can spare the money on one..

Thanks Danny...you made a believer out of me

Mac

Danny Richie

« Reply #23 on: 9 Jul 2009, 09:26 pm »
I just got in six more of these today. A few of them will go out right away as there were a few people that were already on the waiting list for them.

I will still have a few left in stock though.

If you haven't tried one out yet then you are still missing out.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #24 on: 9 Jul 2009, 10:01 pm »
Mine arrived today and I will be inserting it into the system tomorrow.

Stay tuned.

George

targa02

« Reply #25 on: 9 Jul 2009, 11:44 pm »
PM Sent!

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #26 on: 12 Jul 2009, 03:52 pm »
Here are some initial thoughts on the Majik Buss/Electra Power Cord combo.

Before talking about sonics, I would like to discuss a non-music items first. 

The MB as currently built, isn't compatible with my FurmanSound IT Ref-20i balanced power conditioner.  When I plug the Majik Buss into the outlets on the Ref IT-20i, the IT Ref-20i shuts down due to the internal GFI being tripped. 

While I was disappointed that this was happening, the customer service I received from both Danny and Dave was excellent!   :thumb:  Both responded to my PM's on a Saturday afternoon in less than an hour and explained what the issue was and offered possible options so that I could plug the MB into the IT Ref-20i.  I will continue to work with the guys and we will jointly figure out the right course of action.

So on to the music...

I first tried the MB plugged directly into my dedicated 20 amp line (with Oyaide R1 outlets) and kept my FurmanSound Ref IT-20i balanced power conditioner also plugged into the wall.  I connected my Plinius M8 preamp and Modwright Transporter to the MB via Kaplan Cable conditioner cords and I left my Atma-Sphere MA-1's and the powered subs from the Vandy 5A's connected to the Furman via Kaplan Cable conditioner cords and Black Sand Sliver Ref Mk V cords respectively.

My initial reaction to this combination was mixed.  I felt that on the positive side, the initial transient response was faster and there appeared to be a little more detail.  I noticed this especially on acoustic instruments (such as the great guitar work on Wilco's Being There).  The opening lick on "Sunken Treasure" was quick, textured, and hung in the air more than with everything plugged into the Furman. 

On the negative side, I felt that the music thinned out a bit and wasn't as full sounding in the mid-range and mid-bass areas.  This made male vocals, bass guitars, piano, etc...sound like they lost some of their size and authority.  Listening to Ben Harper's or Sam Cooke's voices, they sounded "off" to me and weren't as captivating as they normally are.   

I relayed this info to Danny and Dave and both thought that I would get a better experience by plugging the MB directly into the wall and the Furman directly into the MB.  So after letting my system warm up this morning, I played some of my usual reference tracks and validated my findings from yesterday - check, still the same as yesterday.  With that done, I went about making the system configuration changes.

Well, both guys were spot on - running the Furman into the MB is definitely a winning combination!!   :thumb: :thumb:  The best way to describe what I have been listening to for the past few hours is "ENTHRALLING!!  The music is just pumping out and oozing out of the 5A's in a simultaneous fashion that grabs hold of me, smacks me around, and demands that I listen more and more!

No longer do I feel like things have thinned out...in fact, the music is more full bodied, with increased weight.  Ben and Sam, not only were more solid and fleshed out, I now felt like I was there in the studio with them watching the recording.  There is a such a nice improvement in the "palpability" of the music that it really makes things more magical.

I am getting a much blacker background with more detail and speed, than I was with the previous configuration.  The high's are more crisp and extended without going over the edge and being grating or irritating - picture silky smooth, but with tons of detail and shading.  When listening to Ben Harper's Fight For Your Mind's "Gold to Me" track, the cymbals and bells are excellent and airy.  The bass line is tight and well defined with texture, authority, and slam. 

Switching over to some female artists, I am grinning ear to ear as I play music from Peggy Lee's Black Coffee, Natalie Merchant's Tigerlily, and Holly Cole's Romantically Helpless.  In all three examples, their voices are rich and luxurious when they should be, while being powerful and forceful when called for.  Adjectives like "haunting", "beautiful", "mesmerizing", and "seductive" come to mind when playing Black Coffee, I've Got You Under My Skin, Beloved Wife, The Letter, One Trick Pony, and Don't Fence Me In.

In case you missed it, I am very happy with combining the Majik Buss/Electra PC and the FurmanSound Ref IT-20i.  This combination definitely produces a very nice improvement in my system.  While I have no idea if it will do the same for you, I strongly suggest you take Danny up on his offer to demo the Majik Buss/Electra Power Cord combo and see for yourself.

Danny and Dave, how about an Uber Buss to try??   aa

George

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #27 on: 12 Jul 2009, 03:58 pm »
Zybar,

Awesome review!

So let's make it clear, the best combination is:

AC outlet -> Majibuss -> Furman Balanced Conditioner -> Audio components.

Right?

Thanks for the insights! I don't know if it would be okay for you to also post this in the Critics Circle/Review Accessories section of this forum so that the product can get some more exposure...

Anand.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #28 on: 12 Jul 2009, 05:31 pm »
Zybar-

Do you have any Alan Maher Designs units installed?  I thought I remember you saying that you use his as well. 

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #29 on: 12 Jul 2009, 05:42 pm »
Anand,

You have the correct combination.   :thumb:

jtwrace,

I don't have any of Alan's products (in fact, I have never tried them).

George

dmccombs

« Reply #30 on: 13 Jul 2009, 03:03 pm »
George,

I found with my Majik Busses that a few days of break-in makes them sound even better.  Let us know what you think after you have had them working for a few days.   aa

Darrell

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #31 on: 13 Jul 2009, 03:05 pm »
George,

I found with my Majik Busses that a few days of break-in makes them sound even better.  Let us know what you think after you have had them working for a few days.   aa

Darrell

My unit is not new, so it already has plenty of hours on it.   :thumb:

George

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #32 on: 13 Jul 2009, 03:11 pm »
Quick update...

I had a friend come over yesterday afternoon and we tried plugging my powered woofers from the 5A's directly into the MB instead of into the Furman Ref IT-20i.  Long story short...we lost a lot of weight and impact when going into the MB directly.  My buddy said it was almost like the woofers were off...it was that big a difference!

I continue to be extremely impressed with the MB when it has the Furman Ref IT-20i plugged into it and all my gear is plugged into the Furman. 

George

Danny Richie

« Reply #33 on: 13 Jul 2009, 03:23 pm »
Sounds like your amps for the lower woofers like balanced power.

There is nothing in the Majik Buss that will limit current in any way and it's power correction typically makes transformers and other power supplies operate more efficiently due to its power correction.

Just plugging my transport and DAC only into the Majik Buss gives me a slight increase in output levels. It is very noticeable.

Dave noted .8db increase in output with his system when using the Majik Buss.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #34 on: 13 Jul 2009, 03:24 pm »
Here are some initial thoughts on the Majik Buss/Electra Power Cord combo.

Before talking about sonics, I would like to discuss a non-music items first. 

The MB as currently built, isn't compatible with my FurmanSound IT Ref-20i balanced power conditioner.  When I plug the Majik Buss into the outlets on the Ref IT-20i, the IT Ref-20i shuts down due to the internal GFI being tripped. 

While I was disappointed that this was happening, the customer service I received from both Danny and Dave was excellent!   :thumb:  Both responded to my PM's on a Saturday afternoon in less than an hour and explained what the issue was and offered possible options so that I could plug the MB into the IT Ref-20i.  I will continue to work with the guys and we will jointly figure out the right course of action.

So on to the music...

I first tried the MB plugged directly into my dedicated 20 amp line (with Oyaide R1 outlets) and kept my FurmanSound Ref IT-20i balanced power conditioner also plugged into the wall.  I connected my Plinius M8 preamp and Modwright Transporter to the MB via Kaplan Cable conditioner cords and I left my Atma-Sphere MA-1's and the powered subs from the Vandy 5A's connected to the Furman via Kaplan Cable conditioner cords and Black Sand Sliver Ref Mk V cords respectively.

My initial reaction to this combination was mixed.  I felt that on the positive side, the initial transient response was faster and there appeared to be a little more detail.  I noticed this especially on acoustic instruments (such as the great guitar work on Wilco's Being There).  The opening lick on "Sunken Treasure" was quick, textured, and hung in the air more than with everything plugged into the Furman. 

On the negative side, I felt that the music thinned out a bit and wasn't as full sounding in the mid-range and mid-bass areas.  This made male vocals, bass guitars, piano, etc...sound like they lost some of their size and authority.  Listening to Ben Harper's or Sam Cooke's voices, they sounded "off" to me and weren't as captivating as they normally are.   

I relayed this info to Danny and Dave and both thought that I would get a better experience by plugging the MB directly into the wall and the Furman directly into the MB.  So after letting my system warm up this morning, I played some of my usual reference tracks and validated my findings from yesterday - check, still the same as yesterday.  With that done, I went about making the system configuration changes.

Well, both guys were spot on - running the Furman into the MB is definitely a winning combination!!   :thumb: :thumb:  The best way to describe what I have been listening to for the past few hours is "ENTHRALLING!!  The music is just pumping out and oozing out of the 5A's in a simultaneous fashion that grabs hold of me, smacks me around, and demands that I listen more and more!

No longer do I feel like things have thinned out...in fact, the music is more full bodied, with increased weight.  Ben and Sam, not only were more solid and fleshed out, I now felt like I was there in the studio with them watching the recording.  There is a such a nice improvement in the "palpability" of the music that it really makes things more magical.

I am getting a much blacker background with more detail and speed, than I was with the previous configuration.  The high's are more crisp and extended without going over the edge and being grating or irritating - picture silky smooth, but with tons of detail and shading.  When listening to Ben Harper's Fight For Your Mind's "Gold to Me" track, the cymbals and bells are excellent and airy.  The bass line is tight and well defined with texture, authority, and slam. 

Switching over to some female artists, I am grinning ear to ear as I play music from Peggy Lee's Black Coffee, Natalie Merchant's Tigerlily, and Holly Cole's Romantically Helpless.  In all three examples, their voices are rich and luxurious when they should be, while being powerful and forceful when called for.  Adjectives like "haunting", "beautiful", "mesmerizing", and "seductive" come to mind when playing Black Coffee, I've Got You Under My Skin, Beloved Wife, The Letter, One Trick Pony, and Don't Fence Me In.

In case you missed it, I am very happy with combining the Majik Buss/Electra PC and the FurmanSound Ref IT-20i.  This combination definitely produces a very nice improvement in my system.  While I have no idea if it will do the same for you, I strongly suggest you take Danny up on his offer to demo the Majik Buss/Electra Power Cord combo and see for yourself.

Danny and Dave, how about an Uber Buss to try??   aa

George

Thanks for the review.  Balanced transformers are very good on their own, but mine, like yours, just has more "there" there with a BUSS than the TX by itself.

I am working on your Uber today with the changes that we discussed.  It should be there by the 25th, no problem.  Just wait 'til you hear THAT combo  :drool:

Dave

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #35 on: 13 Jul 2009, 03:31 pm »
Sounds like your amps for the lower woofers like balanced power.

There is nothing in the Majik Buss that will limit current in any way and it's power correction typically makes transformers and other power supplies operate more efficiently due to its power correction.

Just plugging my transport and DAC only into the Majik Buss gives me a slight increase in output levels. It is very noticeable.

Dave noted .8db increase in output with his system when using the Majik Buss.

Yeah, this increase is @ 1kHz on my Cary system.  There are 'some' switching amplifiers that don't seem to respond well to the BUSS alone.  I'm not sure what is up with that other than the PFC circuit is optimized for an inductive load, like a beefy transformer.  I could build a different circuit for switchers, but that would be a tiny portion of the market and would be a "cut & try" remedy.  Frankly, I do not have the time right now.  Maybe w-a-a-a-a-a-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y later.

Dave

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #36 on: 13 Jul 2009, 03:57 pm »
Just to be clear...the Vandy 5A's are using a 400 watt traditional amp to drive the dual 12" woofers in each cabinet.  They aren't using a digital or Class D amp.

George

Frank S.

« Reply #37 on: 13 Jul 2009, 04:15 pm »
George I'm assuming you didn't plug the 5A amplifiers into the balanced outlets correct?

Affordable$$Audio

« Reply #38 on: 13 Jul 2009, 04:54 pm »
If you got any left Danny, I'd like to check one of them out  aa

Danny Richie

« Reply #39 on: 13 Jul 2009, 04:57 pm »
Want to review it?

E-mail me all the necessary info and I'll send one to you.