new to forum

slim9

new to forum
« on: 1 Feb 2023, 07:12 pm »
Hi
  I am a 70 yr old enjoying his retirement. I listen to music almost everyday. I am currently enjoying a Music Ref RM5, Oracle Delphi MKlll, Graham 1.5, Koetsu Rosewood Platinum
 Oddessey Stratos Extreme, feeding Magnepan 1.7i's.  The room is 16 by 28'. I always think, "how could this get better?"volume

slim9

Re: new to forum
« Reply #1 on: 1 Feb 2023, 07:24 pm »
That word volume was not meant to be there. It was the robocop answer, although thats the only thing that this system can't do, but I listen to mainly jazz. The perfect volume for most jazz, is not loud. I'm trying to find some one who is familiar with RM5's. I want to get that last bit of detail. I tried tubes, and its the circuit thats limiting. I'm referring to the linestage. The phonostage is beyond reproach. I use a stepup transformer,uising Byer Dynamic trannies, And the detail is much better, thru the phonostage.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2 on: 1 Feb 2023, 09:24 pm »
If you want detail you need a Class D power amp IMO.

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 2 Feb 2023, 02:37 am »
Welcome!

slim9

« Reply #4 on: 3 Feb 2023, 04:03 am »
Changed cartridge last night to Benz LPS sut was a Rothwell MCL  Can't believe how quiet this tube preamp is. I was using an Audio Research SP14, and I like this much better

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: 3 Feb 2023, 12:51 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC slim9   :thumb: