Pictures of TOTAL LOW WATT SYSTEMS (pictures and brief sentence-no more)

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
charlieboy - who made that Eico amp?

charlieboy

charlieboy - who made that Eico amp?

James Burgess

charlieboy

Some goodies as of late.....

Poultrygeist

Lowther MLTL with external BSC and Holey Basket Frugal Horn mk3 ( with Neo 3 tweeters ). Each is SET powered.

OB woofers powered by a plate amp.

Poultrygeist

External baffle step compensation circuit for Lowther MLTL mounted in a cigar box.

Whitese

I just got these EL84 SET monoblocks and absolutely love them...tube complement is EL84, 12AT7 and EZ81 rectifier. They are driven by a Khozmo passive pre with AMRG resistors.  It is a great combination!!  Speakers are Coral Flat 10's.  The CDP is a dual chasis Colin Pianist (tube rectified and buffered).

lennie trystero

This is a great thread, with some incredible equipment, I've really enjoyed following it. I'm going to be separated from my system for a while, thought I'd post a few pictures... 01A preamplifier, C3G phono stage, and 45 amplifier all built by Oliver Sayes (with output transformers wound by Dave Slagle). There's also a Swissonor 8910 Historic Phono Preamplifier for mono and 78s. The speakers are Tannoy 12" Gold Monitors.

« Last Edit: 8 Apr 2020, 06:49 pm by lennie trystero »

Poultrygeist

Thanks Martin King for the Lowther MLTL plans

Poultrygeist

Poultrygeist

planet10

• Industry Participant
  • Frugal-phile (tm)
    • planet10-hifi

Is that one of the vintage Corals in the speakers behind?

dave

Poultrygeist

Coral Holey Basket

planet10

• Industry Participant
  • Frugal-phile (tm)
    • planet10-hifi
A superb vintage driver. Did you find ones with pliable surrounds?

dave

Poultrygeist

lennie trystero

I posted my home system about two weeks ago, right before I left the city. After about a week I realized I couldn't do without music. Last weekend I managed to find these very cool speakers for free on CL, picked them up in the driveway without ever meeting the owners. When I opened them up they turned out to be Goodmans Axiette II 8's, terrific full-range drivers from the 50s, I'm guessing 94db. Drove back home to pick up this little integrated that runs on an old Soviet version of the 807.

Hope everyone's staying safe.

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
I posted my home system about two weeks ago, right before I left the city. After about a week I realized I couldn't do without music. Last weekend I managed to find these very cool speakers for free on CL, picked them up in the driveway without ever meeting the owners. When I opened them up they turned out to be Goodmans Axiette II 8's, terrific full-range drivers from the 50s, I'm guessing 94db. Drove back home to pick up this little integrated that runs on an old Soviet version of the 807.

Hope everyone's staying safe.

8)

planet10

• Industry Participant
  • Frugal-phile (tm)
    • planet10-hifi
Goodmans Axiette II 8…little integrated that runs on an old Soviet version of the 807.

I love it when scores like that happens, people pushing out old stuff with no idea of the actual inherent value. Goos for you. Can you post closer up pictures please?

I simialrily got a pair of boxes with a total of 8 KEF B200 SP1014.

dave

planet10

• Industry Participant
  • Frugal-phile (tm)
    • planet10-hifi
...old stuff with no idea of the actual inherent value.

I don’t know that they are worth this much, but the seller does: https://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649424046-goodmans-axiette-ii-8srarest-of-rare/

From this old brochure, the cabinets may be original Goodmans, $27 for just the driver (not all that cheap in 1960): https://www.americanradiohistory.com/hd2/IDX-Site-Technical/Archive-Catalogs-IDX/IDX/Allied/Allied-Catalog-1960-OCR-Page-0073.pdf

This wikipeadia page has a nice colour picture, and the driver above could well be sporting one of my phase plugs, or one inspired by, in it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full-range_speaker

dave

roscoe65

I own a pair of Triaxiom 212 from the same page.  Adjusted for inflation those drivers retailed for almost $700 each in 2020 dollars.  The Axiette’s were the entry level 8” speaker from Goodmans and was roughly equivalent to the Altec 755.  The Axiom 80 was in a whole different league.

The Goodmans drivers were very high quality, and I have heard that they were made in the Tannoy factory (maybe).  They are beautifully made, very efficient (about 97 dB for the 212), and the frames are painted a beautifully automotive grade metallic enamel. 

planet10

• Industry Participant
  • Frugal-phile (tm)
    • planet10-hifi
...Axiom 80...

I have a single Axiom 100 downstairs.

dave