Jack Renner, of Renner and Woods, founder of Telarc has passed away.

avahifi

We have lost Jack Renner who founded Telarc and who perfected digital recording and produced the first truly musical compact disk has died at age 84.

He and Robert Woods actually visited our shop back in the early days and was impressed by our power amplifiers and invited us to their studio.  He was a really nice man and put us on his demo list for all their new CDs for many years.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/08/arts/music/jack-renner-recording-master-and-a-founder-of-telarc-dies-at-84.html

We wlll miss him.

Frank

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
A real loss for the audiophile music, Jack made more for the audiophile community than most magazines.
RIP
« Last Edit: 10 Jul 2019, 06:27 pm by FullRangeMan »

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
I had the pleasure of working for Jack at Telarc for 6 years.  I was in sales, but the company was small enough that I could sit in with the recording team on occasion.  One day we were in the sound room auditioning a pair of speakers and only Jack could hear that the tube for the bass port in one of the speakers had come loose in shipping.  Man had phenomenal hearing.

dB Cooper

I'm a fan of the 'Telarc sound', although I recognize that some are not. An important figure in digital audio history. RIP