GAS Flea Market thread

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
GAS Flea Market thread
« on: 27 Feb 2012, 02:52 am »
Hey Bob,

We should do a GAS Flea Market thread (sticky) like the Rave used to. It's a great place to list things for local sale, stuff members may not want to ship or only offer to other local guys. I used to watch theirs all the time. Mark and I bought a couple of Consonance stands (one TT, one CD) from them a while back.

If we do that, we'll have a centralized thread where GASsers can hawk their wares, audio and otherwise.  :thumb: Once an item listed gets sold, the poster just goes back to that post and mark it sold.

Here's a link to the old NYAR Garage Sale

How's that?  :wink:

Scott F.

Re: GAS Flea Market thread
« Reply #1 on: 27 Feb 2012, 03:17 am »
How's that?  :wink:

:thumb:

Now we need somebody to post sumpthin' for sale :green:

Guys, let's use this thread to centralize anything you are looking to sell locally. If you want to offer it to all of AudioCircle (read=willing to ship it) be sure to place a cross post in the Trading Post so that all can see it.

Also, and this is just me but if you post anything here, please don't 'bump' it. That's not the purpose in this thread. Since this is a sticky thread, it resides at the top of our Circle and GAS guys can check it regularly to see who has what's for sale locally.

As your item(s) sell, just go back to your post and mark it sold.

Maybe we can get the new guy to make the first post. I know 'brick had some cool tweeters to sell too. I've got a few things I'll post in the coming days too.

Post away guys :thumb:
« Last Edit: 26 Mar 2012, 02:00 pm by Scott F. »

RaceTripper

« Reply #2 on: 27 Feb 2012, 03:34 am »
I have some Arcam & Linn 4Sale. Power amps and speakers with Stands. Follow the link for details.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #3 on: 27 Feb 2012, 03:45 am »
Oh, so do we just post here?

HOT DAMN!  Can I sell my wife's crap here??   :icon_twisted:

Anyway, I will have a very nice pair of Magnepan 1.6s soon, as soon as my new(er) Maggies get here in about 2 weeks.

A dbx TX-1 rack mount tuner, Rotel RCD 955AX CDP, an older Creek 4140 tuner, Sumiko Blue Point Special MC cartridge, Talisman Alchemist (I think) MC cart, some Monster Cable connectors, a Marcoff PPA-1 (pre-preamp, I think).  All reasonable prices or trades.

Needs?  Quality 1.5 meter interconnects.

:thumb:

DeadFish

« Reply #4 on: 27 Feb 2012, 02:01 pm »
An excellent idea, as I have stuff I would rather not worry about shipping.
Thanks for thinking, guys!

max190

• Home of the St. Louis Cardinals!
« Reply #5 on: 27 Feb 2012, 04:04 pm »
Pre is SOLD  :D
New price $175.00
Please contact me via PM or email smax190@sbcglobal.net
Thanks for looking!

Prefer to sell locally. I live in Maryland Heights, zip is 63043.
Nice sweet sounding open sound-stage tube preamp. Perfect for someone wanting to test the waters, roll some tubes or play with different sounding caps. The gold colored ends on the faceplate can be removed.

Audio Experience Symphonies Ver2 High Definition Tube Preamp with manual. I bought this new in 2006 from YS-Audio. It has (3) Electro-Harmonix 12AX7 line stage and (1) JAN 6x4 power supply. Links to info
http://www.ys-audio.com/symphonies.htm
This pre is being sold locally at Pacific Valve here
http://www.pacificvalve.us/YSAudioSymphR.html
Throwing in these; (2) pairs of 1 meter tri-braid interconnects
Cables included with Pre-amp

« Last Edit: 9 May 2012, 12:44 am by max190 »

catastrofe

• "That's what credit cards are for. . ."
« Reply #6 on: 29 Feb 2012, 12:53 am »
Okay, here's a list of stuff that I have for sale.  Prices are for local pickup with payment via cash/money order:

SOLDSalk SoundScape 10s in high gloss Cocobolo.  See AC sale thread here: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=99715.0

Special GAS Flea Market pricing   $10,000.00
--------------
SOLD SAS Audio Labs B11A
Has some small nicks along the edge of the faceplate as received from SAS, but not significant enough for me to be concerned.  Price includes stock JJs and a pair of Rocket double cryo'd, plus EAT Cool Dampers.  No power cord.

--------------
SOLD Feickert Next Generation Universal Protractor.  $175.00  Brand new. . .2 weeks old, used once.  I don't feel that it's right to use something and return it, so I'm selling it here.
--------------
SOLD Transparent Audio Music Wave Super MM2 8' Speaker Cables.  GAS Flea Market Pricing $1,000.00

« Last Edit: 9 Jun 2013, 07:08 pm by catastrofe »

wedweb

« Reply #7 on: 29 Feb 2012, 01:55 am »

I have these audio towers.  All the glass shelves are there.  One has all the rubber covers on the pegs for the shelves and one is missing a couple.  $50.00 for the pair.

Bo

gooberdude

« Reply #8 on: 29 Feb 2012, 03:55 am »
For Sale to anyone local:

SLOT CARS - I have 2 super fast FLY Lola racers.  $70/each originally.  $70 for the pair. 

Oyaide SWO-XXX cryo'd wall outlet.  $70.  Sale Pending
BPT PPC: Power strip with (3) Oyaide SWO-XXX outlets.   $300.  Sale Pending

Oyaide dual wall duplex outlet cover, the big honkin carbon fiber + aluminum one for (2) outlets: $150

Pass & Seymour cryo'd duplex outlet:  A Chris Venhaus special:  $20

MAC copper 8' speaker cables with spades, 3 yrs old.   $85

Numerous 6'-8' lengths of Chris Venhaus' Flavor 2 & 4 power cord wires, plus the rubber hoses, plus the ground cables. Some are shielded. A few sets of 3 yr old Furutech FI-11 plugs as well.  $100 per finished cable.

Blue Jeans Cable 10 guage speaker cable:  Numerous pcs & lengths. 

Origin Live tonearm board:  for the KAB SL-1200 TT, to use an Origin arm.  $50

1970's CONN organ console amp. (4) 7868 power tubes. A tired old integrated amp.  $50.

Eichmann copper rca plugs.  I should have 2 full sets, 8 total, including new metal barrels. $40/set

Blue Jeans cable, their IC's w/o rca plugs.  Some have either Mapleshade or Xshadow rca's attached.  plugs sold separately.  cabling is free.

I have a lot of DIY cable making material, including techflex, shrinkwrap & what not.  I also have some C Venhaus copper amp hookup wire, good stuff. 

matt
« Last Edit: 22 Mar 2012, 11:47 pm by gooberdude »

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #9 on: 29 Feb 2012, 04:05 am »
gooberdude, what part of STL are you in?  I may be in STL tomorrow, mostly Webster Groves to Maryland Heights.

gooberdude

« Reply #10 on: 29 Feb 2012, 04:09 am »
I live downtown, right by a dumpster at 10th & Washington Ave.    :lol:

Work keeps me e. side most of the day.  PM me.

Most of my stuff is kinda packed away but accessible.   

Teddy KGB

« Reply #11 on: 6 Mar 2012, 10:47 pm »
Greetings GASsers!

I'm hoping to partake of the combined wisdom of the group, and/or guage interest in selling a pair of vintage JBL/"Lansing Signature" speakers I "inherited."

(Best I can tell from my research, they're C-37s, from the late 1950s, with the '030' configuration [D130 15", 075 bullet tweeter, and N2400 crossover] in "vented" enclosures. I've seen them referred to as a "Rhodes" and/or "Lo Boys." They're lovely, and sound beautiful.)

A dear friend of mine offered suggestions such as Audiogon and/or the Trading Post on Audio Circle, as examples.  Here are my concerns with each--what do you think?

While Audiogon is a terrific destination for the highest of high-end, it doesn't seem to have a strong "vintage" following from what I can glean...

The Audio Circle Trading Post is good, but I don't know how broad their reach is, or whether it reaches much beyond the US market?

And, though eBay probably casts the widest net, the problems with receiving payment/dealing with flakes is well documented, as you know...

Also, I'm having a tough time finding "comps" to determine a reasonable price range. Lots of opinions, few results (One pair did go for 400,000 yen [nearly $5k ?U.S.]).

In any event, that's where I stand at the moment. I'd like these to go to a good home. I'll have UPS professionally pack and ship them, but would also be happy to deliver them within about 200 miles or so.

They're in terrific shape. I have lots of pics if anyone would like to have a look.

Any advice/suggestions/clarification would be MUCH appreciated! Thanks in advance. Happy listening!

Brian

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #12 on: 6 Mar 2012, 10:53 pm »
Audio Karma has mainly vintage stuff too, I think.

Teddy KGB

« Reply #13 on: 6 Mar 2012, 11:24 pm »
Audio Karma has mainly vintage stuff too, I think.

Hah--It didn't even occur to me that they had a classified section (although, at first glance, it's sparsely populated). Thanks for that. I'll add that to the list...  :thumb:

Teddy KGB

« Reply #14 on: 9 Mar 2012, 02:37 am »
Greetings GASsers!

I'm hoping to partake of the combined wisdom of the group, and/or guage interest in selling a pair of vintage JBL/"Lansing Signature" speakers I "inherited."

(Best I can tell from my research, they're C-37s, from the late 1950s, with the '030' configuration [D130 15", 075 bullet tweeter, and N2400 crossover] in "vented" enclosures. I've seen them referred to as a "Rhodes" and/or "Lo Boys." They're lovely, and sound beautiful.)

A dear friend of mine offered suggestions such as Audiogon and/or the Trading Post on Audio Circle, as examples.  Here are my concerns with each--what do you think?

While Audiogon is a terrific destination for the highest of high-end, it doesn't seem to have a strong "vintage" following from what I can glean...

The Audio Circle Trading Post is good, but I don't know how broad their reach is, or whether it reaches much beyond the US market?

And, though eBay probably casts the widest net, the problems with receiving payment/dealing with flakes is well documented, as you know...

Also, I'm having a tough time finding "comps" to determine a reasonable price range. Lots of opinions, few results (One pair did go for 400,000 yen [nearly $5k ?U.S.]).

In any event, that's where I stand at the moment. I'd like these to go to a good home. I'll have UPS professionally pack and ship them, but would also be happy to deliver them within about 200 miles or so.

They're in terrific shape. I have lots of pics if anyone would like to have a look.

Any advice/suggestions/clarification would be MUCH appreciated! Thanks in advance. Happy listening!

Brian

So, I decided to give it "the ol' college try" and post them on Audiogon. Here's the link:
http://app.audiogon.com/listings/vintage-jbl-lansing-signature-c37-rhodes-lo-boy

Feel free to peruse...

Brian

KenSeger

• Heavy and noisy, but beautiful
    • Ken's Plain Jane Website
Good price: Free
« Reply #15 on: 13 Mar 2012, 11:37 am »
Free to a good home.  Russ Lang reel to reel cabinets from Scully 280 or 280A.

Some with, some without casters.  Some with high pedestals (like in the 280 photo) some with low pedestals (like in the 280A photo). All were for stereo (2 track as in photos) units.  Standard rack mount width, reel to reel platform tilts up.
Ken

electricbear

« Reply #16 on: 13 Mar 2012, 08:09 pm »
I wonder how long it will be before one of those turns up in a photo from Scotts basement. :lol:

Scott F.

« Reply #17 on: 13 Mar 2012, 11:21 pm »
After hearing "The Tape Project" in tons of rooms last fall at RMAF, believe me, I'm temped. I sat and listened to one of the little 3 1/2" portable machines play some Ella on a third generation master and holy crap was it good.

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #18 on: 14 Mar 2012, 12:10 am »
So....which is better, tape or vinyl?  :wink:

RaceTripper

« Reply #19 on: 14 Mar 2012, 12:59 am »
So....which is better, tape or vinyl?  ;)
That all depends on whether you have the vinyl source for the tape, or the tape source for the vinyl.  :P 

Oh, and I'm typing this from Salina, KS, where I saw vinyl stampers at Acoustic Sounds this afternoon.