If you had an unlimited budget for a music system, what would you purchase?

drphoto

Unlimited money?

Screw stereo systems. I'd just pay my favorite artist whatever they wanted to come to my house (complete with sonically optimal theatre)  and play for me and my friends. All of you are invited BTW!

While I'm in fantasy mode, Dave Gilmour will be giving me guitar lessons.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
I really do not know what I would want for gear if I had an unlimited amount of money to spend on audio; however, the first thing I would want would be a large dedicated audio/video room.  A local friend, Carlman, completed a dedicated audio mancave last year and I have been able to experience audio in that room.  Once I had the opportunity to experience audio in a room designed for the purpose I definitely understood the importance of a proper audio listening room.

Ken

+1.....It's a great room !!! :beer:

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
  A Shindo system for Jazz and vocals. An MBL system for Rock, and a Audio Note for Classical.
  A dedicated room for each system.

charles

ferenc_k

I have had a chance to live with an MSB Technology Platinum Signature DAC, CD DATA transport, M2Tech HiFace/Macbook/Amarra and the MSB Technology M202 monoblock amps for three days more than a week ago. I think it is not really over the top pricewise, not cheap of course, but heard nothing better at home. It sounds absolutely faultless, engaging and emotional and extremely musical and very cleverly constructed. I do not need anything better.