Virtual Dyamics is Now Out of business

gerald porzio

Virtual Dyamics is Now Out of business
« on: 5 Apr 2010, 06:44 pm »
A co. w/ overpriced snakeoil bites the dust.

BobM

Re: Virtual Dyamics is Now Out of business
« Reply #1 on: 5 Apr 2010, 07:01 pm »
You know Gerald, this may in fact be the only thing we ever agree on.

mcullinan

« Reply #2 on: 5 Apr 2010, 07:05 pm »
hehe

*Scotty*

« Reply #3 on: 5 Apr 2010, 07:07 pm »
gerald, link please.
Scotty

Bemopti123

mcullinan

« Reply #5 on: 5 Apr 2010, 07:15 pm »
I just see uber expensive products...
Did they make things like the Fern (plant) Audio dissipator. Or the Orb of EXCELLENCE! ??

gerald porzio

« Reply #6 on: 5 Apr 2010, 07:20 pm »
"gerald, link please."

1st saw it on SH Forums.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #7 on: 5 Apr 2010, 07:35 pm »
You know Gerald, this may in fact be the only thing we ever agree on.

Looks like yur 1 up on me Bob,,,, lucky you. hahahaha

Cheers,
Robin

bunnyma357

« Reply #8 on: 5 Apr 2010, 07:40 pm »
I just see uber expensive products...
Did they make things like the Fern (plant) Audio dissipator. Or the Orb of EXCELLENCE! ??

http://virtualdynamics.ca/brass-acoustic-lens

Maybe I could give them the benefit of the doubt, until the claims that it will separate the guitars from each other.

Jim C

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com
« Reply #9 on: 5 Apr 2010, 08:04 pm »

:o

I met Rick from Virtual Dynamics before the idea of the company ever came about.

I had bought a new Bryston 4b from his little audio/video store. Then just after that he had closed his doors not knowing what he was going to do next. At that time I had turned him on to the power of the internet for marketing.

Then about a year later he contacted me about this new company he started called Virtual Dynamics. He was heavily involved with the maker of the Sistrum Rack. Out of that science came his cable ideas.

I did visit him once after that. He had become a Christian at the time, which I was happy for. This did show up in his product line with the names he chose for some cables.

I just emailed him asking him how things are going. My take would be that the recession/depression has taken it's toll. I know our sales are down. We deal mostly with our good friends in the U.S. of A and the fall of their dollar has been another financial hit.

With financial analysts stating the U.S. dollar will be wallpaper in 10 years, our future sales don't look good. I sure hope you Americans have your heads up for the upcoming hyper inflation as the Fed prints money to keep things floating. Opps, got sidetracked there.

So I expect Rick to be strong in his faith and will probably go into some kind of ministry. It would not surprise me to see him go overseas as a missionary.

Let's see how the shakedown works out at Virtual Dynamics.

Rocket_speed of light-downhiller_Ronny

« Last Edit: 6 Apr 2010, 03:22 pm by Rocket_Ronny »

gerald porzio

« Reply #10 on: 5 Apr 2010, 08:23 pm »
For audiophiles, those gold plated connectors will be their hedge against inflation.

jackman

« Reply #11 on: 5 Apr 2010, 09:01 pm »
Just wondering, but do you think anyone ever bought anything from this company? Ever? I mean, do you think they ever sold anything to anyone?  Also, do you think the abbreviated initials of Virtual Dynamics (VD) had anything to do with their demise? 

There are rumors a new company will rise from the ashes of VD: Stereo Transient Dynamics (STD) :thumb: 

STD: "Sound that will infect your ears"TM

Delacroix

« Reply #12 on: 5 Apr 2010, 09:59 pm »
Unlike many posters, I am sorry to see the demise of any hi-end company, and I have tried VD cables in my system with success. Not everything they sold was stratospherically priced and at their entry level, they offered cables that I found to represent good value to my ears. I eventually sold them on as my system changed and my desire to wrestle these ungainly beasts into position waned, but anyone who bought them from me never complained and I always found the owner Rick to be polite, helpful, and in one case, he even offered me his cell # to help with a shorting issue in a receptacle. Clearly not everyone wants to pay the price of expensive cables and there is surely some snake oil in the cable business, but I think Virtual Dynamics' end is not a triumph for the forces of light as some seem to suggest and it almost certainly does represent the loss of employment to some people who probably need the work.

gerald porzio

« Reply #13 on: 5 Apr 2010, 10:27 pm »
Did VD have more than 1 employee - the 1 who did the ordering from an OEM & banked the profits?

kgturner

« Reply #14 on: 5 Apr 2010, 10:34 pm »
gerald:

you mind expounding on this bone you apparently have to pick with virtual dynamics?

kevin t

jackman

« Reply #15 on: 5 Apr 2010, 10:38 pm »
Hey, I didn't know Virtual Dynamics was Rich Schultz's company.  Rick is a good guy and I'm sorry to hear his company is no longer in business.  I wish him all the best and hope to see him pop up in audioland one of these days.  It's a tough business and these are tough times.  At least Rick wasn't re-badging some Chinese made crap.  He made some expensive cables but also had some not so expensive stuff. 

Best of luck to Rick and the rest of the former Virtual Dynamics group.

This kind of stuff probably didn't do them any favors: http://gizmodo.com/371536/300-audiophile-grade-power-cable-is-unsurprisingly-a-ripoff

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com
« Reply #16 on: 5 Apr 2010, 11:58 pm »

Did VD have more than 1 employee - the 1 who did the ordering from an OEM & banked the profits?

When I visited Rick he had a happennen place. I think he had like 5, or more, employees and it was almost impossible to talk with Rick as he had a wireless headphone glued on him. He walked around talking to customers constantly.

Yes, he was not just selling Chinese stuff and employed 5, or so, people doing it.

Rocket_made in America_Ronny
« Last Edit: 6 Apr 2010, 03:24 pm by Rocket_Ronny »

gerald porzio

« Reply #17 on: 6 Apr 2010, 12:03 am »
I saw the Gizmodo item 11/2 to 2 yrs. ago., allowing me to spread the news w/ a clear conscience. God only knows the snakeoil in his pricey cables. Every Xmas, VD had a 50% sale on the entire line. That in itself bespoke volumes.

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #18 on: 6 Apr 2010, 05:15 pm »
The cables they sold were some terribly high priced...they may start again with another company (another name)

gerald porzio

« Reply #19 on: 6 Apr 2010, 06:07 pm »
There are no skeletons in cable co. closets. A restart after name change is probably par for the course.