Cleaning Stock Pots In Clarinet

david62

Cleaning Stock Pots In Clarinet
« on: 31 Jan 2015, 02:41 pm »
I want to clean the stock Panasonic volume and balance pots as well as the selector switch with Deoxit,but I don't see any access holes in the board mounted pots or switch other than pin hole size openings on the sides of the pots.Do I need to squirt the Deoxit in those pin holes?I don't see any openings in the selector switch.
Thanks,
Dave

hagtech

Re: Cleaning Stock Pots In Clarinet
« Reply #1 on: 9 Feb 2015, 03:48 am »
I've never tried to clean these pots.  And if it ain't fixed, don't break it.  Or something like that...

jh

david62

Re: Cleaning Stock Pots In Clarinet
« Reply #2 on: 11 Feb 2015, 01:15 am »
I have had a chronic  balance issue where the rt.channel had been weaker.I tried everything and just gave up and compensated with the input pot on my McIntosh amp.During use one evening,the right channel was there in full bloom and strength.I figured that the only things I did were to adjust volume and use selector switch.I sprayed Deoxit into the volume and balance pots and the selector switch the best that I could.So far,so good both channels atr there and the Clarinet sounds better than it ever did.I'm thinking about configuring a outboard volume pot of better quality,possibly motorized remote type since the stock case doesn't provide much room.I can't believe what I had been missing with that dang dirty pot,or selector switch?
Dave