symphonic line cd players

bunky

symphonic line cd players
« on: 18 Jul 2005, 01:16 am »
i have followed this forum almost daily for eight months but this is my first post. i started out wanting to buy a odyssey stratos extreme but after talking to klaus i opted for khartago monos based on the higher current delivery that would wake up my loudspeakers and i found that in my system the little 150 wpc monos sounded great  and after that purchase i decided to try the tempest preamp with remote control. i had been using a rotel rb 1080 power amplifier 200wpc and rotel rc 1090 preamp and the difference was like night and day. the odyssey gears cost vs performance ratio is unreal for the money! i bought groneberg quattro reference ic and speaker cable which are very good and i settled in with my system for about six months. my loudspeakers are rated for 300wpc amplification and i reasoned to my self that if 150 wpc monos with 100 amps of current sounded this good then how good would 300wpc and 120 amps of current sound ?so i took the bull by the horns and called klaus and ordered a pair of mono extremes. during the same timeframe i was talking to klaus about cd players and he would give me the thumbs up or thumbs down depending on which model i mentioned to him and after one of many conversations we had about cd players i said to klaus well i cant forsee my self owning a symphonic line cd player anytime soon and he said to call him on monday' so i called him on the following monday and he said i found you a cd player it is my own personal symphonic line vibrato. i had lent it to a friend but i can let you demo it and if you like it i can sell it to you. i said ok and klaus shipped it to me with the remote control .this cd player is a work of art it has a matte black finnish with a blue led display and says symphonic line in white cursive letters under the transport door.  this unit weighs around 35 lbs and it sounds like rolf gemien describes it on his website like a good record player. on the rear of the unit are a lighted power switch and gold wbt rca posts and digital output and it says single produced in germany in white letters.  klaus gave me a very good deal on it .my latest purchase are the groneberg ts premium ic cables and i was shocked at how good they sounded as soon as i hooked them up! the quattro reference cables are very good but the ts premiums are the best cables i have ever heard. i talked to klaus a few days ago trying to find out when my third set of ts premium ic,s would ship and he asked if i knew of anyone looking for a high end cd player he says he has a symphonic line klarhiet 2 for sale that was used to demo odyssey equipment at audio shows i asked how much and he said around 2.000 dollars .so i am just throwing this out here and if anyone is interested contact klaus.               sincerly william c waldecker 3rd