Giro d'Italia-Biking

Lyndon

Giro d'Italia-Biking
« on: 28 May 2011, 04:35 pm »
I have really enjoyed watching live stages of the Giro d'Italia on the Universal Sports TV.  Today was the last real stage, another mountain stage.  Can't believe how these guys tear up those mountains.  Aside from the race, I love the helicopter shots and the background of the beautiful, little Italian towns they race through.
Tomorrow is the final stage, a short time trial, but Alberto (Get that needle out of my ass) Contador has it already won with over 5 minutes lead time.

I do like the fact that his mind frame says, "I am the best in the world, and want both the Giro and the Tour crowns!"  This is something that Lance,
and Miguel Indurain refrained from doing, giving up the Giro, because they felt it was too close to the Tour de France. Correction, Indurain actually won it twice.
They both pale to my favorite racer, Eddy Merckx, The Cannibal!!!!

5 time winner of both the Tour de France AND Giro d'Italia
Was disdainful of riding in the peloton, drafting behind another's wheel. "I never hid behind my mother's skirt!"
Pause for the testosterone howl, "Ahooooooooooogrrrrrrrrrrr!"  8)
Almost forgot to leave a shot of a Dutch "actress" modeling the famous Maglia Rosa shirt (the leader)