NuPrime Omnia A300 & A300SE

trickyKid

Re: NuPrime Omnia A300
« Reply #20 on: 7 Oct 2021, 12:18 pm »
Hi there,

I've got recently Omnia A300 with Focal Chora 826. Sounds great to me. But I feel like I'm missing some bass.

Does it make sense to replace power cable and try AC conditioner?

rustydoglim

« Reply #21 on: 11 Oct 2021, 08:19 pm »
Try the "loudness" setting to see if that helps.

trickyKid

« Reply #22 on: 12 Oct 2021, 09:50 am »
Try the "loudness" setting to see if that helps.
It does help (loudness++ especially). But what about power cable replacement and AC conditioner? Will it make major difference?

rustydoglim

« Reply #23 on: 21 Oct 2021, 05:16 pm »
I don't think so. Using a power conditioner can improve the "details", but a cleaner bass won't improve the low freq. But the bass might come through better and makes you feel that you have a slightly more robust bass.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #24 on: 21 Oct 2021, 07:49 pm »
Hello, trickyKid.

May I ask you:

Have you used any other amplifiers with the Focal speakers, and gotten more bass?

According to Focal’s website, these speakers only play down to 39 Hertz (+/-6dB). I don’t remember the last time I saw + or - six dB in specs. Have you considered adding a subwoofer to increase lower bass?

I have an A300 as well, and quite like it. 

trickyKid

« Reply #25 on: 25 Oct 2021, 01:40 pm »
Hi mresseguie, rustydoglim
I ended up adding subwoofer (connected from A300 pre-out to sub's Low Input) and actually changed power cable/switch.
So far so good. Need some time to compare with previous setup.

But I fell like Omnia can't give 130W per channel with Chora. I have pretty big room (40+ m2), working from home and running setup at -40db for background music. So I think it's more then 50% of power. I don't have a dedicated amp to compare but have AV receiver which can give only 70W (2chs driven) and I run it for 50% of power to get similar sound level.

trickyKid

« Reply #26 on: 10 Nov 2021, 12:34 pm »
Got platform update on A300. Now it shows what's playing in the screen - very cool.

rustydoglim

« Reply #27 on: 10 Nov 2021, 09:28 pm »
Hi mresseguie, rustydoglim
I ended up adding subwoofer (connected from A300 pre-out to sub's Low Input) and actually changed power cable/switch.
So far so good. Need some time to compare with previous setup.

But I fell like Omnia can't give 130W per channel with Chora. I have pretty big room (40+ m2), working from home and running setup at -40db for background music. So I think it's more then 50% of power. I don't have a dedicated amp to compare but have AV receiver which can give only 70W (2chs driven) and I run it for 50% of power to get similar sound level.

Power is voltage x current
An amp with higher current but low voltage could appear more powerful with speakers that need more current.
A300 being an integrated amp with limited size, has more voltage than current.

mresseguie

« Reply #28 on: 26 Jan 2022, 02:43 am »
Jason,

Can I use my Omnia 300 as a preamp with my soon to arrive Evolution STA? My main preamp is a tube pre, and I'd rather not use it to burn in my Evo STA. It would be great if I could use the Omnia 300 for the first 5 days of burn in.

Michael

JackD

« Reply #29 on: 26 Jan 2022, 03:27 am »
Michael

As it has pre-outs I don't see why not.

mresseguie

« Reply #30 on: 26 Jan 2022, 03:51 am »
Michael

As it has pre-outs I don't see why not.

Hi, Jack.

As soon as I got the notification email that you had replied (but before I read your response), I realized I should have mentioned that there are pre-outs. 😁 I just want to make sure that it’s doable and that I won’t <potentially> damage the new amp. If it’s not okay, I’ll have to buy an inexpensive DAC with volume control before my amp arrives.

Thank you for pointing out the pre-outs.  :thumb:

Michael

JackD

« Reply #31 on: 26 Jan 2022, 04:18 am »
Michael

I would think the Omnia's volume control would work just like it does when using the amplifier section unless Jason knows something different. The description on the Nuprime website gives the impression that the pre-outs come after the DAC in the chain so it should be outputting the same signal as through the speaker outputs and controlled by the main volume control.  As there are no crossover options listed the signal through the pre-outs should be full range. Shouldn't need another DAC or volume control.

olo81

« Reply #32 on: 31 Mar 2022, 01:35 am »
I miss adding any internet radio.
It would also be extraordinary to expand the integration with the homeassistant so as to turn the amplifier on and off from its level, and it can also run radios.
Now, from the homeassistant level, I can control the volume and turn on something from the server, that's about it.

mresseguie

« Reply #33 on: 31 Mar 2022, 05:17 am »
You've lost me. I'm becoming a technology dinosaur.  :(

rustydoglim

« Reply #34 on: 31 Mar 2022, 05:53 pm »
It is not just you, I don't get what he is saying about "home assistant". I think he is referring to home automation system where it can control the device through its IR remote control code.

olo81

« Reply #35 on: 3 Apr 2022, 05:39 am »
I write with the help of a translator, it probably comes out poorly.
This is what I mean home automation system, "Home Asisstent" has a dedicated Android application and you can use it to control, for example, turning on / off the TV via wifi, etc.
It's nice if you could also control the amplifier via wifi.
In the "home assistant" also recently built in lL.
The open amplifier api allowed to develop an alternative application for the official one.
Only is it possible to turn on / off the amplifier via wifi?

https://www.home-assistant.io/

olo81

Re: NuPrime Omnia A300 & A300SE
« Reply #36 on: 4 Apr 2022, 08:29 pm »
this is how it looks now