SUpporting Dealers in Southern CA

John Casler

SUpporting Dealers in Southern CA
« on: 10 Aug 2004, 05:53 pm »
I suggested to Mad DOg the other that we follow suit of the Northern Texas group and compile a list of local dealers to support.  Not only that, I also suggested that we propose to them that they offer our group "AudioCircle" pricing :beer:

As long as it is not against any of the Circles "rules" then I think it would benefit both dealers and localphiles.

Any of you who frequent any of the stores and salons should speak with the owners/management regarding what "courtesy pricing" might be available for us who support local dealers.

This should then be posted to the "sticky" (it might be best to keep this a locked thread and send your info to Mad DOg to keep the list clean and easy to read.

The list should contain the name and address of the store, the person to contact, the terms and any instructions, such as call ahead and talke to the contact, or just drop in and mention AudioCircle, or whatever.  It might also be helpful for a store to list their "anchor" lines.

Be aware that some manufacturers will not let a discount be posted and the pricing might have to be "private".

As a small dealer myself, I will certainly be there too.

I feel that this is a "win/win", since I would like to see more local dealers get the business, but it always helps if the consumer gets a "courtesy price".

I'd like to thank the Texas group for planting the seed.  It could (and should) spread to all the local circles and again let us help the local dealers, while they help us.

Cool??

brj

Re: SUpporting Dealers in Southern CA
« Reply #1 on: 10 Aug 2004, 05:59 pm »
Quote from: John Casler
I suggested Mad DOg the other that we follow suit of the Northern Texas group and compile a list of local dealers to support. Not only that, I also suggested that we propose to them that they offer our group "AudioCircle" pricing.

Nice extension of the original thought!

This should then be posted to the "sticky" (it might be best to keep this a locked thread and send your info to Mad DOg to keep the list clean and easy to read.

This might slow down the growth of the list, but it is probably safer in the long run.

I'd like to thank the Texas group for planting the seed. It could (and should) spread to all the local circles and again let us help the local dealers, while they help us.

Thanks for the acknowledgement.   It certainly seems fair, as I borrowed the "owner's list" idea from you, after all! :lol: