Piano still just as great as day1 if not better!!

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
Piano still just as great as day1 if not better!!
« on: 3 Sep 2011, 02:41 pm »
I recently did a Squeezebox Touch and modded power supply and with the addition of my yearly present to my self some new/old JBL's I was just smiling yesterday and then last night I put a CD in and played it to hear the difference I wanted to see how close the touch was getting to CD playback and I was thrilled that the Piano not only sounded good with the new speakers it was way ahead in sonics for me and my setup...the combination of Tube amp, JBL's and Piano was just right and a pretty good bit ahead in my race of tech within my system. I'm now going to setup a Solid State rig and Tube rig both using the same front end and flip a coin each day as to what system to use....LOL...This is FUN!!!! :lol: :o :D

Rclark

Re: Piano still just as great as day1 if not better!!
« Reply #1 on: 4 Sep 2011, 02:58 am »
I wish someone with a Piano lived in my area (Seattle, Bellevue) so I could do a head to head with the Emotiva ERC-2 for funsies.

dvenardos

« Reply #2 on: 5 Sep 2011, 10:03 pm »
Just wait until you can hookup your squeezebox to the virtue dac and get the best of both worlds.  :icon_twisted:

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: 5 Sep 2011, 10:37 pm »
I said in January I was gonna concentrate on getting a Voretexbox and Touch and get a really good digital storage and good sounding front end, so far.... I got like multiple IEM earphones, an E11 HP Amp, a MP301-MK2 Tube Integrated, HE-5LE's-Headphones, SB Touch and new JBL's...with a Schiit DAC ordered and ready for the Virtue announcement any day.....like everything except a Vortexbox..... :wtf: :stupid: Its a sickness my youngest said to me while he tried talking me into a PS3 for him...my kid for sure!!

neekomax

« Reply #4 on: 5 Sep 2011, 10:53 pm »
I said in January I was gonna concentrate on getting a Voretexbox and Touch and get a really good digital storage and good sounding front end, so far.... I got like multiple IEM earphones, an E11 HP Amp, a MP301-MK2 Tube Integrated, HE-5LE's-Headphones, SB Touch and new JBL's...with a Schiit DAC ordered and ready for the Virtue announcement any day.....like everything except a Vortexbox..... :wtf: :stupid: Its a sickness my youngest said to me while he tried talking me into a PS3 for him...my kid for sure!!

Just curious, are you talking about having more than one DAC in your system? What for?

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 6 Sep 2011, 12:27 am »
Its a bit too early to tell quite honestly, but I might have two, only will need one ultimately. I'm pretty sure the Virtue DAC will be incredible so we'll see.....which one I keep.

Sonny

« Reply #6 on: 6 Sep 2011, 12:39 am »
I wish someone with a Piano lived in my area (Seattle, Bellevue) so I could do a head to head with the Emotiva ERC-2 for funsies.

can't you go to a piano store?

Rclark

« Reply #7 on: 6 Sep 2011, 01:46 am »
hope Seth does a tour with the Dac. I'd sign up to try it in a heartbeat.