Diffrerences between Khartago and Stratos

A Jedi

Diffrerences between Khartago and Stratos
« on: 18 Apr 2020, 05:54 pm »
Other than the specs, is there any significant difference between the two lines? For example, is Stratos more "musical" or "transparent" or some other audiophile description? Thanks!

A Jedi

Re: Diffrerences between Khartago and Stratos
« Reply #1 on: 19 Apr 2020, 01:44 pm »
No replies? So....nothing's different? Is the circuit design the same?

GentleBender

Re: Differences between Khartago and Stratos
« Reply #2 on: 19 Apr 2020, 08:31 pm »
It would be best to ask Klaus, but I believe size is a one difference. Klaus can stuff more into the Stratus case than the Khartago. The Khartago monos have 110 watts while the Stratos have 180 watts per channel. Are you talking monos or stereo?

A Jedi

« Reply #3 on: 19 Apr 2020, 11:11 pm »
Thanks. I'm talking about monos but it really makes no difference as I believe the stereo and mono boards are exacatly the same.

aaron.luebke

« Reply #4 on: 20 Apr 2020, 08:09 pm »
I think they share the same options so there is no difference in circuit.  Both can have green (retired I think), red or black boards.  Stratos can hold 2 transformers and more caps so comes out ahead on raw power.

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #5 on: 20 Apr 2020, 11:01 pm »
A. Jedi,

As I mentioned many times before,  I pretty much customize every single amp based on the budget and the speakers...in that,  I can make you over 70  different amps...double that with monos.  Monos in general start at over 130 W in its most basic form...it's not about the power / wattage /  per se,  but all about current and control (which more than triples with the monos over the stereo versions)  ,  speed, realism,  micro detail and dynamics,  etc....a much deeper goosebump experience,  and as I always say,  a stereo is only about 40 - 50 % of the sq of a corresponding pair of monos...but it better be better or otherwise what's the point of spending the extra $.....so yes,  it's always a good idea to talk with me with the budget and speakers in mind.  Just make sure that you have a lot of time when calling me because we'd have to go through quite a few issues to make sure that any amp is 100 % custom tailored for you........

Late,

Klaus

Stay safe !!!

GentleBender

« Reply #6 on: 21 Apr 2020, 12:18 am »
Klaus is awesome to work with and his products are outstanding. He always points me in the right direction!

hi_watt

« Reply #7 on: 21 Apr 2020, 03:33 am »
I'm so glad I got the all in Khartago monos. There's no way I can beat these guys without spending WAY more. I'm so glad I got them, and they do their job perfectly. Klaus is the man!

A Jedi

« Reply #8 on: 21 Apr 2020, 08:18 am »
Thanks everybody!

Big Hendy

« Reply #9 on: 21 Apr 2020, 01:28 pm »
I cannot speak to the Khartagos directly, as I haven't ordered them.  When I did speak to Klaus about them, he prevailed upon me to have amps built in the Stratos cases - and as he says, that enables him to make them highly customized (and loaded with all the goodies).  I can say that I have been a long standing (20-year ) customer, and Klaus has never disappointed.  My new amps (have had them about two years now) continue to impress day in and day out.  Couple the first rate build quality with the amazing sound - and top with the best customer service in the industry - you cannot go wrong.