Black Friday Cans?

randytsuch

Black Friday Cans?
« on: 24 Nov 2012, 05:43 pm »
Wondeing if anybody found any good deals on headphones or iems on Black Friday?

I bought the the RE-262's
http://head-direct.com/Products/?act=detail&id=101
They're still on sale.  They are supposed to be good bang for the buck at $150, so for $100 I couldn't pass it up.  I almost bought some used ones for $110-120, but that wasn't enough of a discount over $150 for me to buy used IEM's.

I also thought I bought a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-AD900 for $80, but it turned out to be a pricing mistake  :(
People at head fi were upset about this one.

Also bought a 3tb external drive from Amazon and a 64gb microSD from Newegg.  Storage is so cheap now.

Randy

ecramer

• Volunteer
  • In time whats deserved always get served.
Re: Black Friday Cans?
« Reply #1 on: 24 Nov 2012, 06:39 pm »
been looking but haven't seen a killer bargain yet 

ajzepp

« Reply #2 on: 24 Nov 2012, 07:13 pm »
The Sennheiser USA store through the official site had an amazing coupon code on Wed and thurs, but I didn't find out about it until yesterday when it had already expired. You could get 650s for like $300 and Amperiors for $200. I would have loved to pick up either.

randytsuch

« Reply #3 on: 24 Nov 2012, 09:04 pm »
The Sennheiser USA store through the official site had an amazing coupon code on Wed and thurs, but I didn't find out about it until yesterday when it had already expired. You could get 650s for like $300 and Amperiors for $200. I would have loved to pick up either.

I saw that Thurs night.  You could get the 650 for something like $360 with a $50 itunes card.  I was really tempted, but decided I didn't want to spend the money.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #4 on: 25 Nov 2012, 04:15 pm »
I'm glad I missed the Senn thing, no cash but I would have swooped up some Amperiors if I did. I didn't see a lot of isolated sales just some whole shop things. Usually Amazon has UE's for cheap but I didn't notice if they did. Monday is still ahead though...

dB Cooper

« Reply #5 on: 25 Nov 2012, 07:12 pm »

I'll pass on the Amperiors, they're basshead cans.
About missing the deal on the 650's though:  :duh:

randytsuch

« Reply #6 on: 25 Nov 2012, 08:41 pm »
Seems like Cyber Monday starts on Sunday  :D

Amazon had a sale on V-Moda v-80's, but it sold out really fast

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #7 on: 26 Nov 2012, 12:44 pm »
Has anybody heard the Momentums???? by Sennheiser......I want clarity with a touch of bass, or punchy type tight bass.....should I be thinking 1350's by Beyer instead. Who has heard some of these and can describe the sound to me? Please, I need to obsess only about one....LOL....Momentums, HD-25's, Amperiors, or Beyer DT1350...... Which set has clarity top to bottom and has a bit, a touch, a tad extra oomph for the bass drum hits I love. Not a thump, or a womp, a tight rounded low end punch.......help!!!!  LOL...... :duh: :thumb: :scratch: :thumb: :duh: :scratch:

Lord Soth

• I'm an American BadAss!
« Reply #8 on: 26 Nov 2012, 03:44 pm »
Amazon is selling their flagship Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 cans at US$944 with free shipping in the US of A.

That's a $450 discount!!!

I picked up a pair this morning. :)

[Edited: Left out "Beyerdynamic".... OOOPS!]

saisunil

« Reply #9 on: 26 Nov 2012, 04:06 pm »
T1 @ Amazon now is $929 - could not resist ...

ajzepp

« Reply #11 on: 26 Nov 2012, 05:59 pm »
Amazon is selling their flagship Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 cans at US$944 with free shipping in the US of A.

That's a $450 discount!!!

I picked up a pair this morning. :)

[Edited: Left out "Beyerdynamic".... OOOPS!]

Welcome to the club! That's a hell of a great deal!

ajzepp

« Reply #12 on: 26 Nov 2012, 06:03 pm »
Has anybody heard the Momentums???? by Sennheiser......I want clarity with a touch of bass, or punchy type tight bass.....should I be thinking 1350's by Beyer instead. Who has heard some of these and can describe the sound to me? Please, I need to obsess only about one....LOL....Momentums, HD-25's, Amperiors, or Beyer DT1350...... Which set has clarity top to bottom and has a bit, a touch, a tad extra oomph for the bass drum hits I love. Not a thump, or a womp, a tight rounded low end punch.......help!!!!  LOL...... :duh: :thumb: :scratch: :thumb: :duh: :scratch:

Momentum reviews have been very luke warm...I really think your choice should be between the Amperiors and the 1350s. My main objection to the Amperiors is that (and this comes from Sennheiser themselves) they use identical drivers as the HD-25s and the only real upgrades are in the enclosures. Their rep has a video on youtube stating that they weren't looking to upgrade the sound, they were trying to make it more efficient and update the styling a bit. That's why I would have been a buyer at $200, but no way I'm paying close to retail for those. The 1350s aren't only my favorite portable, though, they're my favorite headphone under three bills period.

saisunil

« Reply #14 on: 27 Nov 2012, 07:04 pm »
The joke is on us actually ...
For $8.84 you get these delivered ...

I bet they sound just as bad as throwaway earbuds but it has all the part checklist - plastic body, driver, pad, glue and some non-audiophile wire and connectors ...

I say wow!

charmerci

« Reply #15 on: 27 Nov 2012, 07:45 pm »
I meant about Coby High Performance Professional part for $9.

I'm sure your ears won't bleed if you listen to them....  :green:

ajzepp

« Reply #16 on: 27 Nov 2012, 11:15 pm »
Coby should focus less on entering the budget headphone market and more on improving the quality of their CRAP televisions. My doc office has a Coby set in the waiting area and there is a HUGE black rectangle filling up 2/3 of the screen  :lol: