ANNY-LOG has stuck a needle in the mainline !!!!

2bigears

ANNY-LOG has stuck a needle in the mainline !!!!
« on: 3 May 2008, 07:40 am »
:D  anyone thinking on a tt,run,don't walk.buy one now.the music comes to life,an organic type music kinda oozes off the oil product like i can't explain,the music off an lp is on the opposite side of the listening fatigue scale,very very smoooth.more to come....ooooo yeah,the Revelations love this medium,i don't know why i bought 700 cd's ???? pumped an spinnin' in Canada.... :drool: need more lp's now,lotsa' them :drool: 
« Last Edit: 4 May 2008, 12:41 am by 2bigears »

TheChairGuy

Re: ANNY-LOG has stuck a needle in the mainline !!!!
« Reply #1 on: 3 May 2008, 11:26 am »
Good 2BE....what did you end up with after all?

Now, put this topic in Audio Central and really preach to the unconverted.  As, folks around here by and large have found the 'analog' light in music long ago  :wink:

My 3+ years spent without a functioning TT was the worst 3 years of my musical life  :(.....of 31 years enjoying stereo/music, those years spent with a $4K+ CD/Redbook rig was by far my worst.  A $100.00 ebay table was the cure for my ills.

You have a very interesting writing style, btw  :)

John
« Last Edit: 3 May 2008, 12:08 pm by TheChairGuy »

Wayner

« Reply #2 on: 3 May 2008, 12:01 pm »
You are now a Jedi...er Vinyli, young LPwalker. Do not let your anger for the CD push you over to the dark side. Accept it for what it is " a convenient compact dics".

You are just beginning your trail. Now you must find LPs. You will search far and wide for the used, the free and as last resort, the new. I have amassed >2.2K of records which include some of the greatest rock albums from the 60's, 70's, 80's to the present. Even modern day bands are releasing their work on vinyl.

My largest purchase was about 1k pieces from an elderly lady in a near by town. Her son was stationed in Germany and bought many records. He played them once while recording them onto reel to reel. That collection was a once in a lifetime find, but many are still out there waiting for someone to find them and play them.

Lps want to be played!

Wayner  aa

wallace

« Reply #3 on: 3 May 2008, 01:59 pm »
Waynsies:

Trade Wallace some of that German 70s lp rock-crrraacckk then.
Why dont you?

DeanSheen

« Reply #4 on: 3 May 2008, 07:19 pm »
Ohh man.   "German Oak" - s/t - (Radioactive)

I love that disc.

Repressed. 2004 reissue. "During the summer of 1972, best remembered for the bloodshed of the Munich Olympics, the 5-man Dusseldorf instrumental group German Oak entered the Luftschutzbunker (Air Raid Shelter) studio to record their first, eponymous album. The purpose of recording in a bunker was to recreate the feelings experienced by German soldiers during the Allied invasion of 1944. The strange acoustic conditions in the bunker made the music, which was a series of long, spacious guitar jams, sound distant and filled with echo. Julian Cope, in his in-depth review of the album, describes the band's sound in unequivocal terms '...imagine a brutally recorded, brazen and ultra-skeletal industrial white funk played with all the claw-handed technique of the Red Crayola recording their famous 'Hurricane Fighting Plane.' This is the sound of German Oak'."

Wayner

« Reply #5 on: 3 May 2008, 07:40 pm »
Wallace,

What ya' got for trade?

Wayner  aa

wallace

« Reply #6 on: 3 May 2008, 11:10 pm »
Side three of Chilliwack's (2nd) release, a 18 minute peice, was recorded in an echo chamber.
Ever heard the second German Oak?

Wayners:
Is there a private message posting place on this forum?
Otherwise, if you want my tradelist, I require an EM address.
I gots 70s prog, fusion maybe even a touch of psych.
Some good Quebec stuff too.

2bigears

« Reply #7 on: 4 May 2008, 12:50 am »
:D  John,i found a music store that sells Technics,so i scooped a SL-1210 M5G and mounted a Benz Micro Ace H. sounding very good so far....this medium is soooo sweat.thks for the help so far guys. :thumb:

TONEPUB

« Reply #8 on: 4 May 2008, 12:55 am »
If you want to unload those CD's, send me a list....

I'm interested!  Just PM me!

DeanSheen

« Reply #9 on: 4 May 2008, 03:02 am »
Side three of Chilliwack's (2nd) release, a 18 minute peice, was recorded in an echo chamber.
Ever heard the second German Oak?

No whats it called?  I didnt know there was a second one!

I love selected psych from that period.  I have all the Trad Gras, Parson Sound & the International Harvester.  Alot of CAN also.  I'm always looking for good stuff from that era but I'm kind of picky.

SET Man

« Reply #10 on: 4 May 2008, 03:15 am »
Hey!

Well! Welcome to this wonderful obsolete.... to most... analog tech. :lol:

No, I have nothing against CD... some sound pretty good. But when you hear an LPs done right it could be a beautiful thing. :D

BTW.... I also have Benz Micro ACE HO version too. :wink: Just wondering what loading are you using with it? :D

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

2bigears

« Reply #11 on: 4 May 2008, 03:52 am »
:D  setman,i have not played with the tt yet in any settings,but i have it set at 1.8 as factory recommends.40 hours of breakin and it should sound even better !! Thks   :D

SET Man

« Reply #12 on: 4 May 2008, 04:14 am »
:D  setman,i have not played with the tt yet in any settings,but i have it set at 1.8 as factory recommends.40 hours of breakin and it should sound even better !! Thks   :D

Hey!

Oh! I think I should be more clear.

I meant to ask phono-pre loading. I load it at 1.18K :D But if it sound good to you on your system right now than I guess is doesn't matter much than. I'm just wondering. :D

Yes, it will take a while to break in. I did feel that it start to settled in at 40 hours. But it will continue to change after that. So, I think it does need a bit more than 40 hours. :D

As for the VTF... I load mine at 1.9g :D

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

Wayner

« Reply #13 on: 4 May 2008, 12:47 pm »
2bigears,

Is that model Technics the black one with gold plating, you lucky dog?

Wayner  aa

wallace

« Reply #14 on: 4 May 2008, 01:03 pm »
Deaners:
Its German Oak "Nibelungenlied". Not a second lp persay but hitherto unreleased jams.

There is much better hard guitar -jam German '70s stuff (Im not gonna call it Krautrock, cause thats a much mis-interperted term). Black Cat Bones lp and Armaggedon-same come to mind.

On the Swede 70s scene, I always heard that Sov Got Marie-Harvester/Parson-type stuff as being more akin to hippie commune/amateur, even early RIOish - sound.
Possibly the most cosmic  record from then is Algarnas Tradgard "framtiden....." (Garden of the Elks) lp.

2bigears

« Reply #15 on: 4 May 2008, 01:29 pm »
 :D  setman,what is phono prelaod ,i need to buy that book on tt setup.???? Wayner,the deck is black,but it's not the gold trim unit.i am not sure if it has the upgrade arm wire,which is a better option.... :D

BobM

« Reply #16 on: 4 May 2008, 01:38 pm »
And it begins. Let the "tweaking" commence. Enjoy the ride.

Bob

2bigears

« Reply #17 on: 4 May 2008, 02:14 pm »
 :D  there is 4 or 5 easy diy mods one can do to the Technics tt,not sure what you gain in sonics,but it can't hurt and fun factor is high.direct drive is too easy. :D  table,mods and stylus will add up to bout' 2k.money well spent....Nelson Pass and friends bought five of these tables after he had heard one.but at shows he still takes the SME's.... :D

Listens2tubes

« Reply #18 on: 4 May 2008, 06:48 pm »
Anny is the girlfriend my wife tolerates. :rotflmao: :beer: :inlove: :rock: :singing: :dance: :hyper: :banana piano:

2bigears

« Reply #19 on: 11 May 2008, 06:00 pm »
:D  WOW is bout' all i can say,just gave a listen the boys from Nazareth,do-in' --Hair of the Dog--,top self stuff,right at the top of their game.------now for the question of the day,--if the album looks good but still snap-crackle-pops ,what is actually happen' here,static or dirt or ???? :duh: :D