Amazon music hd support

alinto

Amazon music hd support
« on: 22 May 2021, 03:02 am »
With the introduction of apple high res, amazon cut the price of their hd music service. For prime members it only cost $7.99 and that is in canadian dollars per month. I read somewhere that you can pay for a yearly subscription for $79.99 but i can't seem to find this on their website.  I generally like to own my music . I have my music loaded on a hard drive attached to the bdp-2. For the price , i am willing to try amazon hd music. The one problem is getting it to play on my main music system. It seems that the only way to get it to work is by using a computer or something like the bluesound node 2i. Both seems to be inferior to the bdp-2. Hopefully bryston will support it or is there any other way , without sacrificing sound quality, of getting amazon hd music to a good home stereo system.

Jon L

Re: Amazon music hd support
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2021, 06:24 pm »
It seems that the only way to get it to work is by using a computer or something like the bluesound node 2i. Both seems to be inferior to the bdp-2.
I got the free upgrade to Amazon HD and was pleasantly surprised to find its SQ quite good.  I already run a music server w outboard DAC, so it was easy to try.  Compared to music on local solid state HD, Amazon HD was good enough not to cause any remorse.  Considering Amazon gave me free access upgrade to millions of lossless albums I don't own, it's a good deal.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
Re: Amazon music hd support
« Reply #2 on: 25 May 2021, 07:37 pm »
With the introduction of apple high res, amazon cut the price of their hd music service. For prime members it only cost $7.99 and that is in canadian dollars per month. I read somewhere that you can pay for a yearly subscription for $79.99 but i can't seem to find this on their website.  I generally like to own my music . I have my music loaded on a hard drive attached to the bdp-2. For the price , i am willing to try amazon hd music. The one problem is getting it to play on my main music system. It seems that the only way to get it to work is by using a computer or something like the bluesound node 2i. Both seems to be inferior to the bdp-2. Hopefully bryston will support it or is there any other way , without sacrificing sound quality, of getting amazon hd music to a good home stereo system.

its on our wish list, but no eta