Hello from Denmark

DavidDK

Hello from Denmark
« on: 18 Apr 2024, 12:58 pm »
I am a Brit, now living on a small island in the north of Denmark. The boxes are sort of unpacked, the area explored and my language classes kicked off (My wife of 20 years, a Dane, has mostly always spoken to me in English) It is time to think about our Hi-Fi and music collection.

I have owned a Linn LP12 plus Ittok for many years, normally connected to a Meridian pre-amp and Meridian M3 speakers, with a Meridian CD player for added 'modern-ness' The problem I have, is my Meridian amp and speakers are tired these days. Plus I/We listen to Radio 6 Music a lot, and if I ever buy a CD I can instantly download it as MP3s (Amazon)

So what I could really do with, is a bit of a pointer in words of few syllables, in the direction of what I need to support my LP12 and CD player with internet radio and MP3s. I prefer British kit and would equally prefer to buy used. Active is not a pre-requisite and I have an open mind regarding floor or shelf mounted speakers. The room extends to 6m x 8m but is L shaped and we listen to virtually all types of music.

I must point out, that I am not totally convinced by the quality of digital radio or MP3s, despite being very convenient and still prefer CD or Vinyl.

The house and room, being an old Danish farm house is both very solid and well insulated.

So thoughts, anyone, please?

David

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
Re: Hello from Denmark
« Reply #1 on: 18 Apr 2024, 03:34 pm »
Welcome David. You have some wonderful manufacturers in Denmark to consider. A new DAC maybe ? Cartridge ?

charles

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 18 Apr 2024, 10:51 pm »
Welcome!

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: 19 Apr 2024, 12:36 am »
Cheers & Welcome to AC David   :thumb:

AllanS

« Reply #4 on: 19 Apr 2024, 10:09 am »
Welcome aboard!

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #5 on: 19 Apr 2024, 12:57 pm »
Welcome to AC  :thumb: