Social Networking

jsalk

Social Networking
« on: 1 Jun 2009, 02:03 am »
I don't have time for Facebook or Twitter, but others in my family seem to.  My daughters have been encouraging me to put up a page on Facebook.  So today, I took a little time to do a Salk Signature Sound page.

Here is a link for those inclined to become a fan...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Salk-Signature-Sound/86706101669?ref=nf

- Jim

bryede

Re: Social Networking
« Reply #1 on: 1 Jun 2009, 02:09 am »
Good idea. My wife is on there all the time and she's always finding all kinds of stuff. I'd sign up, but I'm really afraid of being sucked into the vortex.

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
« Reply #2 on: 1 Jun 2009, 03:13 am »
Very 21st century.  I established an account, and believe that I am listed as a "fan," whatever that means.  I hope that this might be a method of introducing Salk Speakers through the various filters to more prospective customers.  If anyone wants to find me, I used my real name, Oneinthe Pipe. As a private detective, I should not have been surprised when FaceBook wanted me to add a variety of people with whom I have shared my email address as friends.  Regardless, this should be a convenient way to keep  apprised.  Thank you, Jim, for providing this (I think).  BTW, I am loving my HT2-TL.  They have become my therapy.

(When I close this window, I am deleting all my cookies, history, etc.  For you paranoics, you might want to use Tor with Firefox for much higher anonymity.)

jsalk

« Reply #3 on: 1 Jun 2009, 03:37 am »
Good idea. My wife is on there all the time and she's always finding all kinds of stuff. I'd sign up, but I'm really afraid of being sucked into the vortex.

Yeah, I told my daughters I would do it, but not to expect me to spend much time on it.  Some people I know are on Facebook all day long.  Not for me.

- Jim

Toka

« Reply #4 on: 1 Jun 2009, 03:55 am »
I'm in!  8)

Nuance

« Reply #5 on: 1 Jun 2009, 04:35 am »
+1 and +1.  :D  Although, I did sign up, but haven't done anything.  haha!

funkmonkey

« Reply #6 on: 1 Jun 2009, 04:55 am »
yep, I'm in too.  :thumb:

A friend bugged me for a year to join Facebook...  I broke down about two months ago.  :scratch:  I think it's a good move Jim, it certainly can't hurt.

rahimlee54

« Reply #7 on: 1 Jun 2009, 11:39 am »
I am a fan, I will be the one with my tongue out at the cat. 8)

martyo

« Reply #8 on: 1 Jun 2009, 02:27 pm »
You've got me too, Jim. 8)

audiocrazy

« Reply #9 on: 1 Jun 2009, 03:05 pm »
I'm in too as Salk fan. Although I visit it once in a while.

charmerci

« Reply #10 on: 1 Jun 2009, 03:46 pm »
Jim,

The more time that you put into Facebook, the more feedback you will get - therefore you will spend more time with it. But all things considered, the effort you put into it will most likely be the same as this AudioCircle forum.