HT2-TL vs. V3

topher2411

HT2-TL vs. V3
« on: 27 Apr 2009, 05:15 pm »
Hi all,
This is the first thread I've started here, but I've been a long-time reader so I don't believe this topic has been covered.  I'm curious if anyone has thoughts on the relative merits of the HT2-TL and the V3.  Obviously, the HT2-TL has been generating a lot of interest lately, but the V3 seems to have very similar specs for a slightly lower price.  Both speakers have a +/- 3db response down to 32 Hz.  Is there something about the transmission line cabinet that would create a more favorable bass sound in the HT2-TL over the V3?  Are there notable quality differences in the drivers used? 

I've only seen positive feedback on both of these speakers, so if anyone has heard both or can offer some thoughts on the differences I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
Chris

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
Re: HT2-TL vs. V3
« Reply #1 on: 27 Apr 2009, 05:57 pm »
The TL design is purportedly easier than a bass reflex design to place in an acoustically-challenged room.  Dennis had commented in another thread that a 3 way design (the HT3 in that thread) should have less mid-range distortion than a two-way design (the HT2-TL in that thread).