SoundScape 8 vs Focal 1028 BE

mirekti

SoundScape 8 vs Focal 1028 BE
« on: 24 Jan 2015, 09:51 am »
Hi all,

I have only recently heard about the Salk's products and what I found is really interesting. Unfortunately, it is not so easy to find a place where one could try them out.
I wondered if those who had a chance to listen to both could share some thoughts. I am not so sure I would really need for the bass to go so low. My room is 11' by 18'. I am mostly interested in the mid range sound quality. Highs are not so important as I understand RAAL made such a good job that it's had to beat it, but so did the Focal with it's BE.

benguin

Re: SoundScape 8 vs Focal 1028 BE
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jan 2015, 05:01 pm »
Hi mirekti- where are you located?  There are a fair number of SS8 owners in a wide geographic area who would likely be glad to have you hear them in person.   Or you can search the audition thread and drop someone a message.

I've found everyone's ears are a little bit different, so there is nothing like a personal listening session.  That said, I have never second guessed my purchase of Salk speakers after a lot of research.  We absolutely love them.
  - Ben

Austin08

« Reply #2 on: 24 Jan 2015, 05:21 pm »
I agree with Ben. There are 5 ACers has has been in my house. 3 person loved the SS8, 1 person like it and 1 said the midrange is "too hot" to his ears. Anyway, speaker is very personal. I have listen to various Focal speakers before. They sound great but I would pick the SS8 over the Focals due to not only sound best to my ears but aslo for limitless custom finished, unbeatable value and service. I would recommend you to audition one if possible. Just my 2cts.

mirekti

« Reply #3 on: 24 Jan 2015, 08:42 pm »
I live in Dallas, TX. Checked the sticky with the Salk owners, but couldn't find anyone near me who owns SS8.