Boone?

robcentola

Boone?
« on: 5 Nov 2013, 10:17 pm »
Anyone from Boone? New resident and audio/music enthusiast here. Just relocated from Asheville for work, and while it's beautiful, it's still a college town for sure. Loved Asheville, but I had an offer I couldn't refuse. Hey, it afforded me the ability to order a pair of Salk SongTowers! So if anyone wants to audition them, I'm all for it. Should be here within three weeks!

Either way, lets talk audio, music and have a beer!

Rob  :thumb:

robcentola

Re: Boone?
« Reply #1 on: 7 Nov 2013, 12:55 pm »
........crickets........

strider

« Reply #2 on: 7 Nov 2013, 02:28 pm »
While I don't live around there, I can tell you that you're a few miles away from the home of one of the best music festivals going.

Check it out: http://merlefest.org/

World class bluegrass and Americana music, great people.

robcentola

« Reply #3 on: 9 Nov 2013, 06:46 pm »
Hell yeah. Love Merlefest. I moved here from Asheville and that town had a GREAT music scene. Well, still does. It's amazing really. I've lived in NYC, SF and Seattle, and for the size of Asheville, nothing compares. It's interesting how there's such a dense population of so many creative people in that town. I miss it.

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #4 on: 9 Nov 2013, 08:32 pm »
Anyone from Boone? New resident and audio/music enthusiast here. Just relocated from Asheville for work, and while it's beautiful, it's still a college town for sure. Loved Asheville, but I had an offer I couldn't refuse. Hey, it afforded me the ability to order a pair of Salk SongTowers! So if anyone wants to audition them, I'm all for it. Should be here within three weeks!

Either way, lets talk audio, music and have a beer!

Rob  :thumb:

I'm in Wilkesboro, home of Merlefest.

We need to get in touch!

Best,
Anand.

robcentola

« Reply #5 on: 9 Dec 2013, 12:17 pm »
I'm in Wilkesboro, home of Merlefest.

We need to get in touch!

Best,
Anand.

Absolutely! My fiance is slightly bored of me talking about my "stereo stuff'.

robcentola@gmail.com

Don't be a stranger!

Scott L

« Reply #6 on: 18 Feb 2019, 11:39 am »
I live in Knoxville, TN, but will start visiting Boone on a semi-regular basis, probably starting this summer. I've been known to drink a beer and talk audio a bit.

theopaul

« Reply #7 on: 18 Feb 2019, 01:14 pm »
I don't live in Boone now but did live there for 6 years about 20 years ago.Live in Chicago now. Absolutely loved it and the area as well. I've heard that the traffic is worse but still it is a smaller college town with a unique character. As for being an audiophile in a small town; thank goodness for internet sales. You can still have the audio world at your keyboard no matter where you live.
I hope you enjoy your Salk Speakers, I've heard them at AXPONA, and paired with Wells amps they were terrific.

lokie

« Reply #8 on: 18 Feb 2019, 03:12 pm »
Love Boone. Home of Doc!
I've been to the Doc Watson festival in Sugar Grove many times.  Some of the most musically sophisticated audience I've ever been around. All the locals are pickers of some sorts.

My brother in law owns "Our Dailey Bread" and "Benchmark Provisions Store."  Across the street from the  Mast General Store.  If you like locally sourced food and rare small batch Craft Beers, you'll be in heaven. PM me and I'll hook you up.