[SOLD] Fully Upgraded Salk HT2-TL Speakers w/ Cardas, RAAL, Bamboo

AVDweeb

I have decided to sell my beloved Salk HT2-TL’s. The decision has been tough, but the main reason is because I’ve been given the green light to pursue a no compromise DIY build where components alone will be well north of the MSRP of this speaker. Scary, and exciting :)

As a result, I’m listing my fully upgraded Salk HT2-TL’s, which are complete with the RAAL ribbon tweeter, Cardas binding posts, and made out of a bamboo cabinet instead of the typical MDF to reduce cabinet resonance.

These are being listed at $3,495 $3,250 for a quick sale. The most recent Salk HT2-TL’s I could find were listed in November for $3,695, and they did not have the $300 upgraded bamboo cabinets (details below). I’m interested in a local sale, but will ship at the buyers expense (warning: expensive!). I accept PayPal, Venmo, and Apple Pay Cash. Fees are the responsibility of the buyer.

Please poke around on the internet and check out some reviews – you will not find a bad review of this speaker by owners nor reviewer’s.

Feel free to reach out to me with any questions!

Russ

Introduction on the HT2-TL from Jim Salk:

Based on the phenomenal acceptance of the SongTower's and their transmission line cabinets, we wondered what would happen if we re-visited the Veracity HT2 design and developed a transmission line version of what was already an extremely fine speaker. The TL cabinets are based on the pioneering work of Martin King and the result is the Veracity HT2-TL, a speaker that far surpassed our already high expectations.

This design has it all. The world-class RAAL pure ribbon tweeter, a pair of Seas Excel W18's, a transmission line cabinet and, of course, an incomparable Dennis Murphy crossover design. It all comes together in a speaker with seamless integration from the extremely transparent top end to bass response down to 34Hz.

The Veracity HT2-TL's deliver crystal-clear transparency on the top end, extremely accurate midrange capable of resolving minute details in the source recording and, at the same time, delivers deep, musical bass...all with inaudible levels of distortion. What's more, it's imaging capabilities are difficult to put into words.That may sound too good to be true, but that is what we hoped for and the results exceeded our high expectations

Specifications from Salk’s website:

• Salk Veracity HT2-TL
• Design: 2-way transmission line design
• Tweeter: RAAL ribbon
• Woofers: 2x Seas W18
• Response +/- 3db 34Hz - 40kHz,
• Sensitivity: 88dB
• Impedance: 4 ohm design, 6 ohms average
• Amplification: 100 watts
• Bamboo Construction Dimensions: 9" W x 17” D x 44” H
• Weight: 80 pounds
• Finish: Natural Bamboo
• Seller Condition Rating: Conservatively an 8, likely a 9 on the Audiogon scale. In absolutely fantastic shape.
• MSRP: $5,095

« Last Edit: 31 Jan 2019, 11:45 pm by AVDweeb »

mmurt

Can you list the age and location of the speakers?  Thanks, Mike

AVDweeb

Hello – these speakers were manufactured in late 2011, and are located outside Santa Cruz (SF Bay Area).

AVDweeb

Price drop - $3450.

AVDweeb

Final price drop, $3,250. Planning to sell by end of this weekend.

AVDweeb

These speakers are sold. Thanks everyone!