Veracity HT3's in pal dao - SOLD

jsalk

Veracity HT3's in pal dao - SOLD
« on: 25 Sep 2023, 06:12 pm »
A few weeks ago as we planned our exit, I came across some Veracity HT3's that had been hiding for years.  Here is the story...

As I noted in an earlier post, Frank Van Alstine was one of our earliest champions.  He was doing a search for some speakers that showed the bass capabilities of his amps.  I allowed him to audition my personal speakers, but rather than return them, he purchased them.  Later he sold those to a friend and ordered a new pair for himself.

I had run into an interesting Pal Dao veneer so we decided to use it on his new pair.  Fast forward... When we introduced the Exotica speakers, Frank asked if he could trade the HT3's for a custom pair of Exotica speakers.  Of course, we said yes.  So he returned this pair.

When we'd get any trade-in pair, we would always disassemble them and re-finish the cabinets.  At the time he traded these in, we were quite busy and paying customers always came first.  So we set these aside to re-finish the cabinets later...and forgot about them.

When we ran across them a couple of weeks ago, we had a decision to make.  Do we trash them or do we re-finish them?  It seemed like a travesty to toss them in the dumpster since this was the 3-way that put us on the map.  So I decided to re-finish them. 

Here are some pictures...

And a close-up...

If built today, these would run about $7000 as shown.  We are offering these for 1/2 Price ($3500) with local pickup.

- Jim
« Last Edit: 13 Oct 2023, 01:20 pm by jsalk »

DEP14

Re: Veracity HT3's in pal dao
« Reply #1 on: 25 Sep 2023, 11:25 pm »
Those turned out great Jim.  Trying not to reach for my wallet!

blackscorpio

« Reply #2 on: 28 Sep 2023, 04:26 pm »
Shipping not possible is it?

jsalk

« Reply #3 on: 28 Sep 2023, 06:11 pm »
Shipping not possible is it?

Shipping may be possible, but we'd have to find a pallet the right size to ship.

- Jim

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #4 on: 28 Sep 2023, 08:21 pm »
If you would ship, I might have to pull the trigger!

George

blackscorpio

« Reply #5 on: 29 Sep 2023, 08:15 am »
Shipping may be possible, but we'd have to find a pallet the right size to ship.

- Jim

I will take them.

divisionbell77

« Reply #6 on: 6 Oct 2023, 12:27 am »
What's the status of these?  What are the box sizes to see if they fit in my JGC?  What is the zip code again?

jsalk

« Reply #7 on: 6 Oct 2023, 01:18 pm »
What's the status of these?  What are the box sizes to see if they fit in my JGC?  What is the zip code again?

Working on shipping and duties for a potential purchases from India.  Also, today, getting shipping quote for another person.  But no one has officially committed yet.

The speakers are in Lake Orion, MI 48362.

The cartons are:

49 X 24 x 16
48 x 22 x 21
21 x 21 x 13

- Jim

SG

« Reply #8 on: 8 Oct 2023, 02:07 am »
Jim, as someone who has always wanted your speakers and now finding out you have completed your journey, this maybe my last chance to do it.
I am in Illinois and can come pick them up, obvious I would pay you in advance. Its about a 5 hour drive from me.
If you want to PM me I will give you a call.

Mark

jsalk

« Reply #9 on: 13 Oct 2023, 01:20 pm »
Jim, as someone who has always wanted your speakers and now finding out you have completed your journey, this maybe my last chance to do it.
I am in Illinois and can come pick them up, obvious I would pay you in advance. Its about a 5 hour drive from me.
If you want to PM me I will give you a call.

Mark

Thanks.  Done.

- Jim

Randy

« Reply #10 on: 13 Oct 2023, 03:42 pm »
Thanks.  Done.

- Jim

It's fitting that the last pair to be sold by Jim are HT3s, the model that put Salk Sound on the map in the first place.

Rocket

Re: Veracity HT3's in pal dao - SOLD
« Reply #11 on: 16 Oct 2023, 12:58 pm »
Hi,

The HT3's are a fabulous speaker.

Cheers Rod

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #12 on: 16 Oct 2023, 01:48 pm »
It's fitting that the last pair to be sold by Jim are HT3s, the model that put Salk Sound on the map in the first place.

As one of the first HT3 owners, I so wanted to be the owner of the last pair of HT3's.

I came close to pulling the trigger, but ultimately it just wasn't the right time.

The new owner is getting a fantastic speaker!!

George

SG

Re: Veracity HT3's in pal dao - SOLD
« Reply #13 on: 4 Nov 2023, 08:22 pm »
Finally set them up and calibrated. Best of luck to Jim and all other owners.